• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

Hadrius

Reaction score
Number two on that list is an idiot, he claims getting edward green shoes in the same last but different leathers is considered "bespoke shoes"

He may be getting bespoke in that he had the last made custom (this is my sense of what bespoke is) and then he uses that custom last, with different leathers, for all his shoes.

On the other hand, I could have sworn I heard EG dropped their bespoke program?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

He may be getting bespoke in that he had the last made custom (this is my sense of what bespoke is) and then he uses that custom last, with different leathers, for all his shoes.

On the other hand, I could have sworn I heard EG dropped their bespoke program?

I never knew EG had a bespoke program.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is pretty fly:

Love the rich & saturated colours of everything. Perhaps a little gold or brown as a sparse/subtle accent on the tie might have been even better, but it's already very chilled.

Artigas

Reaction score
I liked scarlet cardigan guy as well, but is it just me, or are his pants too tight? There seems to be some pulling going on at the top of the zipper area.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that could be one of my favourite Sartorialist images. What a look!

It's really chilled out, isn't it? Great vibe. I think I want every single item featured, but sadly suspect my skin tone may be a little too dark for the look. Looks smashing on his complexion though.

Last edited:

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He's an absolute joke - not to mention a chauvinist bastard. Out of his wonderful Pitti context he'd be a laughing stock in most cities.
Battening down the hatches for the inevitable wank fest over this idiot at Pitti.
...Just waiting for a picture of J. Hackett to show these peacocks what the meaning of understated elegance is.

Any insider knowledge on this one?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

There was an interview with him somewhere...he comes across as a complete idiot.

I read it too and I agree. He doesn't look half as good as he thinks he does, and his attitude just makes it worse.

I watched an interview with him and he came across as a much cooler guy than in the written word. People I know who deal, or have delt with him ahev said mixed things about him. I don't know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads