• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Drive your bus and let the police do their job

you think the police will care? It's a $2.50 fare and not a bike (story on this coming up soon)

What I don;t get is why the kid didn't have a Metrocard issued by his school. Unless he is a young looking college kid.

the kid probably just assumed he could get away with it since it's extremely common (the drivers have a button they can push to let someone on without fare). The driver was probably just sick of these pricks gaming the system, or maybe he's sick of getting an earful from the MTA management about handing out free rides.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

you think the police will care? It's a $2.50 fare and not a bike (story on this coming up soon)
[COLOR=FF00AA]the kid probably just assumed he could get away with it since it's extremely common (the drivers have a button they can push to let someone on without fare). The driver was probably just sick of these pricks gaming the system, or maybe he's sick of getting an earful from the MTA management about handing out free rides[/COLOR].

But how would he be gaming the system? If he doesn't use the Metrocard given out by the school, what would be the benefit for the kid if he rcd free ride? if he had a card, just use it...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The driver definitely lost control of that situation. But the kid, after whining about the driver's touching him, then shoves the driver. So **** him. Out of self-interest, the driver shouldn't have risen to the bait, though.

Here in SF, the drivers do ****-all, even when verbal and physical assault takes place on the bus. So **** them.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
that seems to happen an awful lot, including a month or so ago not far from WTC.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
4 nights is kind of ridiculous. I wonder if the woman is still in jail. I imagine her bail would be higher due to the felony, though she probably could afford it since she can afford Steve Maddens. .

Last edited:

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4 nights is kind of ridiculous. I wonder if the woman is still in jail. I imagine her bail would be higher due to the felony, though she probably could afford it since she can afford Steve Maddens. .

I believe that is what the kids call a basic ***** these days.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Felony is not really the issue. Different things come into play. First offense? Etc.
The video certainly didn't help her. No vid and if both didn't have previous offenses, they probably word have been released ROR(released on their own recognizance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads