• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

@RegisDB9 So what're your thoughts on the big announcement?

Speaking as someone who enjoys the clothing, I thought it was very Margiela that one of the most out there names in fashion apperantly is now associated with a brand that is faceless and wants to concentrate on the clothes themselves not who is behind them

It's one of those ******* moves from Margiela that I have come to enjoy. I know fuckall about Galliano though, yet like I said in another thread...I'll comb through the offerings and buy my favorite pieces like usual

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking as someone who enjoys the clothing, I thought it was very Margiela that one of the most out there names in fashion apperantly is now associated with a brand that is faceless and wants to concentrate on the clothes themselves not who is behind them

It's one of those ******* moves from Margiela that I have come to enjoy. I know fuckall about Galliano though, yet like I said in another thread...I'll comb through the offerings and buy my favorite pieces like usual

Well played!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have we talked about all the rider jacket-inspired **** for women in the mass market right now? My gf bought two coats and they both have cuff zips; there's a wool bcdr and another wool ridery thing at the gap I'm in rn.

Also there's a Gap Kids jacket here that looks like that one black and white EG that Synth has.
The rider jacket is the most popular form out there for both men and women right now.

Yeah, I like them just fine. We are not that special.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why did you not ask me my thoughts also?

Only this morning, I thought I should include some real Cohibas in my gift to the Conceptual Forest, thinkingbhow he can't really get them in New York...

Now the whole thing seems a moot exercise!

I'm too intimidated to query such a blessed wonderful internet personality such as yourself.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy i'm saying that "what's cool" has floated down to be much more common, not that "we did this" or that we're being used for market research or whatever else. and i wonder if it's just a short term trend where "our stuff" and that stuff is lining up or if it's a longer term shift.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wake me up when Gap starts making G a p REBUILD where they recycle vintage used GAP children's clothing into south american paramilitary inspired wear

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy i'm saying that "what's cool" has floated down to be much more common, not that "we did this" or that we're being used for market research or whatever else. and i wonder if it's just a short term trend where "our stuff" and that stuff is lining up or if it's a longer term shift.

This happens all the time, doesn't it?

Haute couture/name brand designers incorporate very expensive items into their seasonal campaigns, perhaps with a particular twist added to them. Most people can't afford them or aren't willing to pay those prices, but the items are featured in ad spreads and billboards. Then, one or two seasons later, versions of those designs end up at Gap, Century 21, or somewhere similar, priced for the masses.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wake me up when Gap starts making G a p REBUILD where they recycle vintage used GAP children's clothing into south american paramilitary inspired wear

Happened around 2000. Not exactly like that, but similar.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I go to a store, try on a lot of stuff that was all brought to me by the same SA, walk out without buying any of it, then return the next and instakop something without trying it on because I had done so the day before; the SA is different on the second day, is this screwing over the first SA since I imagine they get bonuses or something when they close deals?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sort of? It's not "wrong", but it does cost the first SA. You can ask for a business card and then call it in. I try to do this if it's something I'm seriously considering buying and just need some time to think about.

Last edited:

TWorksheets

Reaction score
What do y'all use to keep track of frequent eBay/YJP/Rakuten searches? I was using Google Reader until it shut down, then I switched to Feedly, however it seems like the feeds haven't been updating properly the last few months so I'm looking for a new site/application.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Usually in places with some kind of commission/bonus you can just tell whoever cashes you out that somebody helped you (just point if you don't know their name), most of the time they actually ask you something like "did anybody help you out today?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads