• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I hope this is tongue-in-cheek.

I figured you'd be able to come up with an allegory comparing my trauma to the experience of a talking wombat and a singing wallaby, which is why I smartly said "few things," rather than "nothing.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
...i don't think you understood the allegory.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
horse moonwalks in front of emohorse. neigh.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw I think it was this thread we were having travel chat to awful places, just cancelled my trip to Myanmar :( (not saying Myanmar is an awful place) Everything is expensive as hell over the New Years and there's no way to do things without money going to the government. I'd love to see Bagan but I'll wait until the government gets their act together. Not somewhere I wanna spend two weeks at the moment. So going to Thailand, boring choice but whatever, been there four times and never been out of the central region, anyone there over New Years?

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw I think it was this thread we were having travel chat to awful places, just cancelled my trip to Myanmar
frown.gif
(not saying Myanmar is an awful place) Everything is expensive as hell over the New Years and there's no way to do things without money going to the government. I'd love to see Bagan but I'll wait until the government gets their act together. Not somewhere I wanna spend two weeks at the moment. So going to Thailand, boring choice but whatever, been there four times and never been out of the central region, anyone there over New Years?

Been to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pai or Mae Hong Song?

Hard rec on all.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured you'd be able to come up with an allegory comparing my trauma to the experience of a talking wombat and a singing wallaby, which is why I smartly said "few things," rather than "nothing.

Nothing compares to the trauma of listening to Australia wildlife, have you ever hard Wallabies sing? Or Koalas root? Or possums scream?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pai or Mae Hong Song?

Hard rec on all.

Heading to Chiang Mai and the north from the 26th - 1st so some of the places are definitely on the list, you have any super recs for the couple days we'll be up there? I heard Chiang Mai itself will be pretty bumping on New Year's eve (this will be eight New Years in a row all in different countries... damn). Flying down to Phuket early on the 1st and gonna immediately get out of there and head to Phi Phi for scuba diving for two nights and then onto either Railay or Lanta for two more for some relaxing before flying Krabi back to BKK then home. I made these plans and booked hotels and flights last night while drunk and angry at every single domestic airline in Myanmar for giving me the super-runaround on whether or not my tickets were booked (they weren't and now never will be!!). Kinda sad because I really wanted to see Bagan and Myanmar, I have a cool friend from there who posts wacky stuff on Facebook all the time and the country looks like a blast

Last edited:

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The hypocrisy of Western feminisms's self-righteous victimhood while they themselves oppress and exploit not only animals but women and men of poorer nations is well illustrated by this recent irony http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arriet-s-45-Feminist-Looks-Like-T-shirts.html

Not to mention the fact the men in the west have poorer physical health, poorer mental health, more likely to be the victims of violence, more likely to die in wars, less social and emotional support and so on and so forth.

It is astonishing the depth of the guilt that has been instilled in young brad-t by this relentless dogma, just for the fact that he has two balls dangling between his thighs; they don't need you to stand up for them, they are plenty good at doing that for themselves.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The hypocrisy of Western feminisms's self-righteous victimhood while they themselves oppress and exploit not only animals but women and men of poorer nations is well illustrated by this recent irony http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arriet-s-45-Feminist-Looks-Like-T-shirts.html

Not to mention the fact the men in the west have poorer physical health, poorer mental health, more likely to be the victims of violence, more likely to die in wars, less social and emotional support and so on and so forth.

It is astonishing the depth of the guilt that has been instilled in young brad-t by this relentless dogma, just for the fact that he has two balls dangling between his thighs; they don't need you to stand up for them, they are plenty good at doing that for themselves.

Consider yourself amongst the elite level of morons, joining the likes of Sam Harris in crusading for ignorance via pseudo-intellectualism.

Babar

Reaction score

There are lots of different ways to suffer in this world, sadly. Some people definitely get caught up in the "oppression olympics," but I find the wholesale disregard of these concepts and their origins to be disconcerting at best. Rarely has anyone willing to joyfully trivialize the suffering of others been on the right side of history.

The problem with terms like cisgender is that they are a trap for people who aren't interested in, or up to speed on, the latest feminist jargon so that they can be accused of prejudice, even though they have no prejudiced bone in their body. To wrongly accuse people of joyfully trivializing suffering surely isn't helping the cause of transgendered people.

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Consider yourself amongst the elite level of morons, joining the likes of Sam Harris in crusading for ignorance via pseudo-intellectualism.

Responding to perceived ignorance with an ad-hominem attack isn't intellectualism either. With all due respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads