• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Was there anything worth buying in Harrolds?

There was some OK stuff but nothing I wanted (except for a $5,000 Rick jacket that wasn't nearly as good on, and some black leather Arena's). And there was no Silent or Ann D like I was told so that was a let down. Same deal with Assin on Oxford - they had a few Ann pieces and some Kolor, but was mostly there house brand (a lot of drop crotch) but no Silent, mainline Damir o anything.
I've actually been surprised by Australian prices. It's pretty much the same as US except AUD instead of USD.
On another note why does everybody carry CDG Play but nobody carries Plus or Homme or even Shirt?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Asked before but didn't get an answer. Any boots with a similar shape to the Yang Li ones last FW?

Tricker's Burford is prob similar although possibly more rounded toe. Love mine. Prob better quality than Yang Li too

Donut

Reaction score

Tricker's Burford is prob similar although possibly more rounded toe. Love mine. Prob better quality than Yang Li too

Exactly what I was looking for. Little more expensive than Buttero but it is more like the Yang Li. Thanks so much.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was some OK stuff but nothing I wanted (except for a $5,000 Rick jacket that wasn't nearly as good on, and some black leather Arena's). And there was no Silent or Ann D like I was told so that was a let down. Same deal with Assin on Oxford - they had a few Ann pieces and some Kolor, but was mostly there house brand (a lot of drop crotch) but no Silent, mainline Damir o anything.
I've actually been surprised by Australian prices. It's pretty much the same as US except AUD instead of USD.
On another note why does everybody carry CDG Play but nobody carries Plus or Homme or even Shirt?

$$$$$$ - although I see some CDG shirt around.

Assin sucks.

There are a few good stores in Melbourne though.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hung out with @lmaozedong. Really awesome dude! Ate and shopped in true SF meetup fashion.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything notable happen in the last six months of SF other than WAYWT's rebirth?

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If any of you are looking for a good, recent TV show to watch, I highly recommend "The Honorable Woman." It's a British spy thriller and what Homeland should've been, though they share no resemblances except for female leads and a plot about the Middle East.

Edit: The show builds up a lot of plot threads in the first few episodes to unravel later. I wasn't sure if the payoff would be like Lost or Homeland S1, but after watching the second to last episode, which is the latest one, I can say that it's full Homeland S1. The few things I saw coming paled in comparison to the big reveals.

Last edited:

patagonianwild

Reaction score
If any of you are looking for a good, recent TV show to watch, I highly recommend "The Honorable Woman." It's a British spy thriller and what Homeland should've been, though they share no resemblances except for female leads and a plot about the Middle East.
Thanks for the tip, I shall repay you with advocating a viewing of "The Knick".

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

$$$$$$ - although I see some CDG shirt around.

Assin sucks.

There are a few good stores in Melbourne though.

Yeah, this is the first time I've been home in 4 years and none of these places were around then so I just wanted to check some stuff out. Was going to buy some Norse at Incu but it's still cheaper to buy online when I get back to NY. Although Supply in Sydney apparently stocks Visvim, NBHD, Nanamica etc so I might head that way later.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First episode of "The Knick" was awesome, bodes well

For romantic-ish comedy new series "You're the Worst" is really fun

Also just stumbled upon criminal parody "A Touch of Cloth" which is just brillant and so so well executed (script, scenery, acting, everything)

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read some reviews for the "The Knick" that said the show is tacky and formulaic so I've avoided it, probably will check it out anyway since there really is nothing else good on. "The Honorable Woman" though, I just watched the second to last episode and the reveals are 10/10, I figured out some of the minor stuff but they turned out pretty insignificant. Haven't had this kind of reaction to a TV show since S1 of Homeland.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the knick doesn't shy away from well-worn tropes, sometimes to an annoying degree, but there are plenty of reasons to watch. for one, it might be the most beautifully shot thing on tv right now. and then there's the way it darts in and out of so many cultural and social facets of 1900s New York, the way you can feel everyone's giddy energy as they explore this new medical frontier, etc etc. i'm a fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads