• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
WTF, you people are barbarians. Here is how it goes:

1) If you have a few friends over and you aren't a smoker they can smoke at the window
2) If you have a party people smoke inside and you'll just have to air the next day
This is sometimes the case with MJ, but even in areas with heavy smoker ratios, you don't see people smoking inside (banned from businesses, doesn't really happen in any but the shittiest of residences). If someone did that in my house, I'd ask them to put it out or take it outside. They could even stand outside next to an open window, so long as they exhale in the opposite direction.

I am not sure where this fits into the smoking conversation, but for what it is worth and to break the growing tension:

In Seattle it is almost more socially acceptable to smoke bud than cigarettes.

People smoke weed, in public, flagrantly, downtown. I smell it all the time, mostly in the summer but also any day when it there isn't firehose horizontal rain in the face.

This summer when it is "legal" it is going to make Amsterdam look like Salt Lake City. Already started it seems. Hempfest this year is going to be.....uh what was I talking about?...uh, u gonna eat that or can i have it.....did i say that out loud.....

Doesn't seem to bug anyone. People, even those not partaking, seem to have the attitude, "yeah, that it how it is here." Makes the PNW a little different.

I am pretty sure it is not that way anywhere else but Boulder.
The Colorado ski towns are worse than Boulder, especially the more local places like Winter Park where everyone has a hash pen and pulls from it constantly. The culture still seems more underground/reserved in Seattle, you can't just go down to the dispensary and get has oil as easily as liquid nicotine like CO

diniro

Reaction score
speaking of dad jokes, I just finished watching the show Police Squad! (only 6 episodes), the quintessential dad jokes show. It's great.

futuresailors

Reaction score

Prague is a lovely place but there was a scam running in every cab I got in. I am sort of embarrassed to describe how the scam operated, but the first cab ride I took ended up costing $40 for a 15 block ride.

The other cabs had variations of the whole "the meter iz not working" thing, but by then I was a hardened veteran and would take no ****.

I wasn't there long but it was like 4 days of cab scams.

To add to the fun, on a trip a few years later, Ms. DL's mom's purse was stolen out of hotel room, obviously by hotel staff. Nice hotel too.

It is really a beautiful place though. I would go back. I can't believe it is still intact, after all the dumbass 20th century wars.

Prague is great, except for the people.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: Sorry ignore, found someone to answer my question

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get a slightly more 'aggressive' haircut, for lack of a better term. Still want it to be presentable for work slash interviews, though I can probably get it cut again between now and the fall when interviews will potentially start.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting an undercut (shaved/buzzed sides) and leaving the top a little longer so I can side part it, but I usually get a longer variation of that. Anything you guys have liked lately? I have a roundish face.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, and Brian Krakow. You've got some serious holes in your TV game, my friend -- to the video store you go!

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Isn't there a travel channel type show where the guy goes around the world exposing scams? I don't know if it was Prague that was featured in a certain episode, but I remember the drivers trying to scam him hard at an airport

Scam city, I've heard a bunch of stories from people I know about the cab drivers, from my experience cab drivers are internationally dip ***** it's just a matter of how much.

A guy I know got "kidnapped" by an Austrian cab driver and ended up pulling his pants down and threatening the cab driver that he would take a dump in his car, which resulted in the cab driver driving them to the police station. :face palm:

Donut

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can cop some cheap(sub $150) circle/round lens sunglasses? I want to try the style out but I don't want to pay the big bucks for Dries x Linda Farrow or the Margiela x Mykita.

Only option for around that price range seems to be Supreme but I was hoping to find a pair a little cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads