• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Try working in tech

It's a wasteland of anime tshirts and fanny packs (with attached anime keychains)

I did and I sort of do still. :( I think I will have to wear company branded stuff at least occasionally. :confused:

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Id still rather wear an ill fitting company polo
over a suit and tie everyday ... Meeting with contractors and stuff is fine but I hated getting dressed up to go into the office and sit at my desk

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hand pour 4 life.
Bummer, but duly noted, thanks.

Also, hand pour 4 life.

Capresso Infiniti burr grinder is a decent entry-level jobby that gets a pretty even grind and doesn't heat up the beans too much. Mine's still going strong a good 6 years later, and I'm sure I paid less than a bill for it.

Unrelated - how is it that Cut Copy is playing Buffalo, NY but not Philadelphia? :fu:

yeah i've been super happy with my capresso for the price. lots of grind retention, but a tap on the back after grinding gets most of it out. upgrading my setup from capresso/fp+bialetti to a gaggia classic/Baratza Virtuoso with my tax return :slayer:. At this point, opening up a small coffee shop is my life dream.

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actual RFT: SS Miami sweater has incredible fabric, cut for the pants from Her. Barely hits the waistband of my jawnz :(

stafa

Reaction score
Been using a Chemex lately and really like it. It brews a very clear and good cup. Plus it's a hell of a lot easier to clean up than a French Press.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why are you guys having such a hard time cleaning your french press? It takes about 20 seconds.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Finally bought some decent coffee, some beans I grinded at WF and the **** made my car smell fantastic when I got back in it. Is french press still previous level? Still hitting the spot so I don't really give any *****.

Pulling up at Starbucks today, I see they're making my $6 frappuccino with the same stupid Vitamix I have at home. :facepalm:

I went to World Market instead, found some sugar free mint and mocha syrup, and am now savoring the delicious tang of not casting my dollars to the wind....

French press coffee is still good in a pinch.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
French press is my personal favorite because I really like all the silt that ends up in the cup, makes the coffee a bit heavier and more substantial

Really dislike aeropress, too thin bodied (perhaps my buddy just doesn't know how to brew a proper cup using his, idk)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Some things that have made my fp coffee taste better is pouring 30-60 seconds off the boil, I don't really time it because I'm not a dork. Also since the coffee is rich I use about 2 level teaspoons, this combined with the cooler water and no more than 4 minute saturating time makes for a smoother cup though I haven't experimented more than a few times. One of the tips I discovered was to stir the bloom after a minute then fill the rest of press up with water as usual. I do enjoy the oiliness but I could do with a bit less of the acidity. It definitely does have more body though, I may get some hario stuff to do pourover later. Found a fly ass kettle awhile back.

Last edited:

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some things that have made my fp coffee taste better is pouring 30-60 seconds off the boil, I don't really time it because I'm not a dork. Also since the coffee is rich I use about 2 level teaspoons, this combined with the cooler water and no more than 4 minute saturating time makes for a smoother cup though I haven't experimented more than a few times. One of the tips I discovered was to stir the bloom after a minute then fill the rest of press up with water as usual. I do enjoy the oiliness but I could do with a bit less of the acidity. It definitely does have more body though, I may get some hario stuff to do pourover later. Found a fly ass kettle awhile back.

all of this is good advice, but i would recommend folding, not stirring. the extra agitation will make it slightly more acidic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads