• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

can you expand on this, i somehow understand your rant on a subconscious level

There was no western-style anorexia in China, it first arrived in HK in the 90s (late 80s?) and then moved to the mainland. I'm sure the deep sense of white middle-class insatisfaction will soon arrive on your Chinese shores. On a wider scale we can also see that because the Chinese are in the process of adopting the cheapest, dumbest and most toxic western culture ersatz can be absorbed (globalized bullshit), they'll also get their values shattered to be replaced by the pseudo axiological neutrality of the market. Meanwhile I'll be crankily hiding home with my shotgun and (printed) books.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everyone should do some traveling in their lives, but there's such an emphasis on travel now that you're made to feel like a weirdo if it's not a priority to you, or worse, of no real interest. A lot of people really get something out of traveling, but it's become The Thing to spend your money on in this pared-down economic climate. And maybe because of its heightened importance, it seems like some people don't treat it much differently than they did their fancy new toy or gadget. Travel if it's something you personally enjoy. Don't turn it into some dick-measuring contest and think it's OK to do so just because you're now spending your money on an intangible.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PC denim is not half bad. Would have bought my GF petit standards this weekend if they had her size in the shop.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyway, I am the 24th unbroken generation of my family, and my kids and nephews and nieces are the 25th - my family traces back to the extant ancestral village, and is at least five hundred years old. I personally think of myself as a part of a continuum, and myself, the individual, as just part of my family history.

Everyone has two biological parents; each of those parents had two biological parents; and so on. Is there a person anywhere who cannot say "I am the 24th unbroken generation of my family"? What is a "broken" lineage but an ended one?

Also, from a page or two ago, it turns out cold-ass h****y has the last laugh:

Sruli Recht, A/W 13-14

I am pleased to say that, after a prolonged absence, I can now breathe life back into my fashion design life and work blog, Geometric Discharge! This comes after having a Skype interview yesterday direct from Iceland and being accepted to intern at the Reykjavik-based menswear brand Sruli Recht (photo from the winter collection above) in the studio of whom I can.not.wait. to work.

I’m handing in my notice at my job on Friday and about a month from then I’m leaving for Reykjavik for three months.

I’ll keep this blog updated!

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Anyway, I am the 24th unbroken generation of my family, and my kids and nephews and nieces are the 25th - my family traces back to the extant ancestral village, and is at least five hundred years old. I personally think of myself as a part of a continuum, and myself, the individual, as just part of my family history.

what, aside from the continuity of genetic material, makes you proud of this information (if you are) ? i mean whatever achievements belonged to them and don't necessarily reflect upon you aside perhaps a claim to certain standards you feel you need to meet. it almost sounds as if you consider yourself a robot, just the latest iteration ?

There was no western-style anorexia in China, it first arrived in HK in the 90s (late 80s?) and then moved to the mainland. I'm sure the deep sense of white middle-class insatisfaction will soon arrive on your Chinese shores. On a wider scale we can also see that because the Chinese are in the process of adopting the cheapest, dumbest and most toxic western culture ersatz can be absorbed (globalized bullshit), they'll also get their values shattered to be replaced by the pseudo axiological neutrality of the market. Meanwhile I'll be crankily hiding home with my shotgun and (printed) books.

while simultaneously exporting the cheapest, dumbest, and at times toxic goods that western societies amass en masse. seems like a two-way highway to hell

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure if a position with sruli recht is the best way to start one's fashion career, at least from a tailoring standpoint

TWorksheets

Reaction score
Calling it now, in about 3 months we'll be talking about Sruli Recht's new floor length coat made from actual interns

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I think travel is so popular nowadays because its accessible and easy. 15 years ago you had to go to a travel agent to put together any itinerary not involving flying within the US (hyperbole, but you get it, I'm sure); today, you can very easily put together all of the complicated connections and other items very easily, thus making potentially complicated trip planning quite uncomplicated. With the addition of frequent flier miles, deals, sites like Airbnb and couch surfing, there has never been an easier time to travel around the world without necessarily breaking the bank.

So, get out there you miserable F***ers.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since free time is a luxury many wealthy people cannot afford, travel is also a way to one-up material hoarders. "You may have all that crap but you earned it with years of school and 60 hour weeks; I've spent those weeks EXPERIENCING LIFE. #eatpraylove"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads