• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
I'd never really considered this style an option (I'm a tweed, corduroy, and wingtips guys), but after this guide I really think I could incorporate some elements into my wardrobe! Having the elements of goth-ninja broken down in this way helps me to understand what they're going for in their outfits, too, which will help me appreciate seeing it in action in the future. This is a fantastic post, and is exactly the type of enlightening/fun/informational source I was hoping for when I began looking through MFA a few weeks ago.

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just convinved my gf to buy women's 5-zip off Yoox... :devil:
what have I become :lookaround:

Holy ****. She got the jacket today. I don't know how this thing made it down to <$500. :slayer:

Just as excited for her kops as I am my own haha

And with that, my enabling power over her has increased one-thousandfold :teach:

Last edited:

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3rd page of subscriptions still doesn't work.
ffffuuuu.gif

djt00

Reaction score
Is Umit Benan worth it? Some really cool pieces, but seems rather expensive.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I kinda want to kop the SS cardi that jet rocked. It was cool but its been mulling around in my head.
But its kinda a little above my non-yohji wardrobes quality level. :(

I'll bet jet was wearing a hanes or uniqlo tee with that fit.

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, I'm aware of the glam influences of those brands :eek: But there's not much to take from SZ with regards to those elements.

SZ takes itself far too seriously.

I still remember the first time I ever visited that site and thinking how pretentious it seemed prior to reading even a single posting. Everything from the word "zeitgeist" to the hooded ninja graphic in the banner is just dripping with the fever of an angry young nihilistic male who is a social misfit, yet likes to imagine himself superior due to his supposed elevated appreciation for art, design, and culture.

Last edited:

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
^ no different than your "supposed" righteous condescension...

hope they didnt rub you the wrong way, just im sure a polarizing presentation was chosen... for a reason.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://www.luplo.com/?Obj=n43t5r31

Well I think A$AP Rocky listed just about every brand ever in this track: "fashion killa" prod. Hector Delgado. Pretty wide range of name dropping with everything from Ann D to Tom Ford etc. In terms of the actual beat, it feels like a sample but I can't put my finger on it.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
this rapper and fashion thing is getting out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them