• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireflygrave

Reaction score

have you tried them on?
im worried about how it breathes. seems like itll make me all sweaty :eek:

I haven't tried them on, i live in the clothes desert that is memphis TN :(

I have talked to 2-3 people online who own them who I trust who say they are really great. super waterproof and durable. One guy said they breathe alright, but it is rubberized to be very slick so i guess it could get a bit stuffy. I sort of look at it as an autumn/winter raincoat anyway. Maybe thats just because it pretty much only rains when its cold where I am though, and when it rains in the summer I don't want a coat bc it cools me down :D

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of the ugliest I've seen

I think I'd rock the blue soled ones in winter:
PErvell3.jpg

skintight

Reaction score
Does anybody know if it's acceptable to have amateurish photos of my styling work in my portfolio?
I really don't want to have to take the photos myself but the shoot was supposed to be Saturday and my photographer bailed, so I've been contacting people in hopes of finding a photographer in Toronto for Thursday or Friday evening. I have to return the clothes next week for financial purposes.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if it's acceptable to have amateurish photos of my styling work in my portfolio?
I really don't want to have to take the photos myself but the shoot was supposed to be Saturday and my photographer bailed, so I've been contacting people in hopes of finding a photographer in Toronto for Thursday or Friday evening. I have to return the clothes next week for financial purposes.

You'll end up getting the clothes a second time around for your 'Pro' photos. Just find someone on craigslist. I'm sure someone decent will do an hour or two of shooting for $50.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if you look at ads from Juergen Teller for Marc Jacobs, Celine, and Vivienne Westwood, there's this spontaneous, random quality to the photos that gives it an edge. I've also seen some ads with photographs taken with Polaroids that has an amateurish quality but it doesn't take away from the products being photograph. Let your styling work do the talking and I think you can be more creative even if you don't have a professional photographer. My only concern is if you need to enhance the coloring etc of your photographs, then you might need someone who has experience in that area.

skintight

Reaction score
You'll end up getting the clothes a second time around for your 'Pro' photos. Just find someone on craigslist. I'm sure someone decent will do an hour or two of shooting for $50.
Cool, thanks.
Not sure if I would be able to pick up the items again since they're mostly summer clothes so I want to get this done asap. I also want my portfolio filled so I can feel more confident about job searching.

skintight

Reaction score
if you look at ads from Juergen Teller for Marc Jacobs, Celine, and Vivienne Westwood, there's this spontaneous, random quality to the photos that gives it an edge. I've also seen some ads with photographs taken with Polaroids that has an amateurish quality but it doesn't take away from the products being photograph. Let your styling work do the talking and I think you can be more creative even if you don't have a professional photographer. My only concern is if you need to enhance the coloring etc of your photographs, then you might need someone who has experience in that area.
Good point.
I do have experience in photography/photoshop and the photos are going to be black and white (clothes are black, white, grey) so that should be no problem.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

At least they're all different colors. That shoe collection is ******* absurd.

Perhaps he owns a brown shoe for every mood.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
anyone know where i can procure a julius, kka, or viridi-anne hoodie on the cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads