• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you know ann d is married? :eek:

i also read something that made me think of your hatred for all things sneakers (except painted og's)... sneakers were named after their ability to sneak around people. any man who needs to walk around without being detected is either a lover or a thief.
lol!!

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the purple Geller bomber from the alwaysnever archives and it looked brand new. There were no tags though and it shipped out of an apartment in brooklyn.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

did you know ann d is married? :eek:

i also read something that made me think of your hatred for all things sneakers (except painted og's)... sneakers were named after their ability to sneak around people. any man who needs to walk around without being detected is either a lover or a thief.
lol!!

woah waoh, hate is such a strong word ! i don't hate them, i don't hate anything. i just see no point in buying anything, especially current offerings. i find myself more attracted to other footwear, i still have 3 sneakers (cp, og paint, cdg<3 (ok a 4th generic man i wear on weekends bad weather to gym etc))

i find it curious you read such a thing before realizing it ? i thought the name gave it away. maybe you thought the name was just to throw everyone off !

ann always says she designs (her men's line) keeping in mind the kind of man she's like to fall in love with. i guess we are all white canvases for her to project her husband's qualities on. well that just got a bit weird now...

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i want to project on her white canvas

wgPP7.jpg

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had some EG pants, and the legs are enormous. The homespun wool trousers felt and looked like wool sweatpants on me. I think EG construction is fairly mediocre as well.
My short list at the moment includes:
Cabourn
Leder
RRL

If you're still looking check out inventory, all their pants are quite large as well. I really like their collection but I can't wear any of the pants.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

how'd ya know :laugh:
i think its the angelina jacket. i remember it at AR in leather, really like it
just got some measurements from joey (has anyone seen him, whats his figure?) and it measures 17'' shoulder to shoulder and the chest is 20''
i think itll fit but not 100 percent sure

He posts (used to?) on sufu as joeyformal. Tall and wiry, I would say. Pretty sure scott.m knows him personally. Drop him a line.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the same problem with EG leg openings. Have you tried Margaret Howell or Our Legacy, I've found them to do good trousers.

I haven't. I've been interested in MH for a while, but never owned anything from her. I'll look around for some of her trousers. Thanks.

zis I think leder is the next logical step in your progression and will probably end there

Precisely my thinking. I'm quite content with everything else in my wardrobe, but I find the trouser dept a bit lacking. I think I want to take a bit of a break from denim for a bit... try something a little different.

If you know exactly what you want, why not go bespoke?

I don't want suit trousers, and I've never really seen bespoke anything else.

If you're still looking check out inventory, all their pants are quite large as well. I really like their collection but I can't wear any of the pants.

I emailed Inventory weeks ago about the inseam on some of the trousers they carry, and they never got back to me. Plus, their shipping charges are steep.

Z, if you find a good stockist, please let me know.

Wish me luck!

I just paid for sjmin's RRL Harris Tweed trousers, which should fit well, based on the measurements...
rrl3.jpg

One other brand I've always thought about is Old Town Clothing. I particularly like the stovepipes and vauxhalls.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Joey is not tall at all. under 5'10

Joey is well under 5'10". I am 5'11" and 175 lbs, and I dwarf Joey. I'd say that he is 5'8", or maybe 5'9" on a good day, and maybe 150 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members