• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JjasonL

Reaction score
how is suit supply.. their sport jackets/ blazers look pretty decent online but ive never been to a store to try one on... they arent that cheap either.. hows the fit and quality compared to zara/topman/jcrew??

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much better than Zara or Topman, no idea how they compare to jcrew.

Their MTM line is pretty great for the price.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I keep on kopping vacations and associated items rather than clothing. I don't believe I've gotten anything more impressive than new T shirts for several months. With warm weather approaching, I can't see this changing.

Excuse me while I go fondle my new Armada AKJJ's and Look Pivots that I won't be able to use until next winter.
0.jpg

EdwardB

Reaction score
how is suit supply.. their sport jackets/ blazers look pretty decent online but ive never been to a store to try one on... they arent that cheap either.. hows the fit and quality compared to zara/topman/jcrew??

I got a suit from them right around when they first came to America a couple of years ago. Really solid, reasonably well made suit with fabric nicer than J. Crew for less than the cost of J. Crew. If I remember correctly, their whole deal was buying overstock fabric from Italian mills and making their suits in China to save a buck. Still pretty nice, lots of details that you'd find in higher end stuff. For a typical person in SW&D, it's definitely more than enough for an interview/funeral/wedding suit or whatever. If you're actually going to a store, their salespeople are reasonably knowledgable (NYC) and the in-house tailor does pretty good work, which is always a plus.

I had a Zara suit a bit before that, it cost about half of the Suit Supply suit post-alterations and was pretty poor all around. If you're looking for a pure beater suit, just buy separates from Uniqlo, if you want something that at least somewhat compares to high end stuff, spring for the Suit Supply.

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The cut of the thighs on the trousers is really slim. I couldn't find a cut that worked for me. I really thought he was going to crash when he hit the grass.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Quote of the year from an online publication...

"Carol Christian Poell, an Austrian designer who bears many similarities to Martin Margiela with his transforming garments that can be worn more than 5 different ways."

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks fumma, could you share some from paris?
I asked prior but just got some falaffel joint and a classic leathers joint, wondering if any hidden gems or consihments there like quai des antiquaires?

I'm also there for a full week so plenty of time to check out the fashunz

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wore my painted Blue Blue Japan Sashiko jacket yesterday. Looked, imo, and that of many others who should know, really awesome. Makes for a very graphic, color blocked, effect. Definitely something to wear with white high top sneakers and jeans for full effect. May be one of the outfits I may need to put on WAYWT. I understand more and more Margiela's interest in painting over everything. Really does give it a new life.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Thanks fumma, could you share some from paris?
I asked prior but just got some falaffel joint and a classic leathers joint, wondering if any hidden gems or consihments there like quai des antiquaires?

I'm also there for a full week so plenty of time to check out the fashunz

See posted link. I'd say the most current store for fashion right now is the broken arm (Jacquemus with Rafdidas, Ervell, Lemaire, Cédric Charlier, whatever cool younger girls wear, some boy stuff too), these ******* hype fiends also have a coffee shop with some bio bread or whatever.

I also like beaucoup (upstairs barnamed démon) for drinks, half-Japanese guy there is a really commited barman and he wears like Yohji and Rick to work.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Have you guys ever gone a year without buying any new clothes (shoes included)? 

Close I think I hit 10 months, I started bulking last year, so I decided not to buy anything expect the most necessary until I was done cutting after the bulk, bought a pair of sneakers, OB trunks they were to cheap to pass up (don't fit :ember: ) and a pair of LVC last year and a pair of chinos last week, ****** doesn't fit in my other chinos otherwise nothing.

I would add Carven, Kitsune and Surface 2 Air to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members