• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dickie a la cousin eddie

i've toyed around with the idea of a kerchief but they're so small and usually cotton or poly blend. i sometimes use an hermes 36" scarf and it does double duty as a do-rag.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haversack have a great boucle knit this season... possibly more textured and $$$ than dieworkwear is looking for though.

cea86e6cab4cee4f4604ba601a262937.jpg

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Yea, I assume we're referring to the same sweaters in womenswear. Feel like I've seen it everywhere, and it's all wool-acrylic blends sold for super cheap in womenswear shops. The texture can't be that hard to produce, but it's hard to find in menswear.

Are you thinking of chenille?

I've seen a few high fashion designer do it last season but I can't remember who. I think JW Anderson and Stella McCartney maybe? Not sure I've seen much if any from mid market brands for men. It's a bit of a throwback and was uncool for a few long time so I gusss it's due for a return. I'm all for it!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Anyone know what is ideal size for scarf to get this type of look like a cowboy? I am thinking something with frayed edges. Any standouts this season? I have two larger scarves but something smaller to wear and less dramatic would be cool.

Also, what fabric should I be looking for?

bandana_johnwayne.jpg

That's a bandana.

:lol:

wakiem

Reaction score
I'm searching some slip ons to wear with wide pants (like these) that I can also wear in colder / wet weather. Any tips?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haversack have a great boucle knit this season... possibly more textured and $$$ than dieworkwear is looking for though.

cea86e6cab4cee4f4604ba601a262937.jpg

Yea, I saw that one. Really like the design, but generally not crazy about v-necks. Nice texture though!

Are you thinking of chenille?

I've seen a few high fashion designer do it last season but I can't remember who. I think JW Anderson and Stella McCartney maybe? Not sure I've seen much if any from mid market brands for men. It's a bit of a throwback and was uncool for a few long time so I gusss it's due for a return. I'm all for it!

Hm, maybe that's it. I think of chenille as a thinner, more shapeless fabric, but maybe I'm wrong. I think there are a bunch of names for these sort of curled yarns -- chenille, boucle, etc -- that seem to be used loosely online.

Might just get the E. Tautz cause I think that's the one I really want anyway.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chenille and boucle are different.

chenille is very interesting: traditionally chenille is actually woven as a leno fabric with a big fat weft, and then that resulting fabric is cut into strips along the leno pairs with the weft trapped inside the twist. i've actually never seen that old-skool chenille but how they do it now involves using a heat-activated binder. i believe the process is completely different and doesn't entail weaving/cutting in any case.

boucle is usually just a fancy uneven ply afaik.

but it is true that these terms get thrown around, kind of like 'dobby' etc. marketing lingo vs industry lingo... to add to the confusion there are legitimately different words for the same thing: 'stockinette'/'jersey' as an example...

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm searching some slip ons to wear with wide pants (like these) that I can also wear in colder / wet weather. Any tips?

Lemaire's shows feature low-cut slip-ons like that, but I don't know if they've ever made it into production. He does have slip-ons though that work with wide pants, just not in that specific cut/ style you linked.

A pair on Yoox right now in a size 12

11343525qr_14_f.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lemaire's shows feature low-cut slip-ons like that, but I don't know if they've ever made it into production. He does have slip-ons though that work with wide pants, just not in that specific cut/ style you linked.

View attachment 874364

Thats the pair i have

Ragechester

Reaction score
Anyone know what is ideal size for scarf to get this type of look like a cowboy? I am thinking something with frayed edges. Any standouts this season? I have two larger scarves but something smaller to wear and less dramatic would be cool.

This Niche on NMWA caught my attention definitely but the colors too bold for everyday type wear: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...ian-scarf-in-black-wool-with-silk-fringe.html

Also, what fabric should I be looking for?

Scarves by The Soloist are nice for this kind of look. Rakuten has a variety, mostly in silk

wakiem

Reaction score

View attachment 874364

Ah, I was referring to the pants with the link, don't have to be low-cut like that.
I'm actually searching for something more casual (without heel) but less casual than sneakers (e.g. vans slip ons).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve just got the E29 model on eBay but am 90% sure they’ll be too big (sz 45, I take a 43 usually in slipon styles, hoped the sizing up rule for Guidi would help out). Wondering what weird insole solution could work :confused2:

3E95A146-22C7-43D4-961E-9C109B44574F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads