• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a pair of Yuketen kiltie thingies for some reason, like boat shoes without the association. Hello 2009 I guess.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a pair of Yuketen kiltie thingies for some reason, like boat shoes without the association. Hello 2009 I guess.

At some point, I wanted a pair of the Band of Outsider boat boots, but I just really don't love that preppy thing, at all. It seems the opposite of how I dress. Instead, I got down with the Visvim Southwestern x sports gear thing.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boat boots are possibly the epitome of the SWD2009 fever dream. I remember some of those BoO boat shoes that kinda looked like blocky comfy slippers.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a new pair of white sneakers to replace my old Margiela GATs... was thinking of just buying the same thing in the slip-on version

Any other cool white sneakers sub-$300?

GabQxCj.jpg

Landau

Reaction score
I need a new pair of white sneakers to replace my old Margiela GATs... was thinking of just buying the same thing in the slip-on version

Any other cool white sneakers sub-$300?

GabQxCj.jpg

Besides the regular favorites, I actually fell in love with the Margiela Gats in grey. It seems to be a seasonal color, but it's a good all round shade in my opinion and isn't a very common color. Otherwise, I quite like my zespas at the moment.

IMG_0139.JPG

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Moccasins, dawg.

Well, moccasin-constructed bluchers.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These are my two favorites

28-01-2017_converse_chucktaylor1970shivintagecanvas_natural_clematisblue_151227c_ja_1.jpg

124016PF-UC112010_3607_201607211430099oSn48_trim.jpg

I saw (I think from dieworkwear) that Adidas is introducing their own true GAT? I've never had a pair of GATS but I could see myself getting those.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yea, Adidas is re-releasing their GATs. Only on the UK site at the moment, but I assume it'll hit stateside soon.

Two white sneakers I wear most: Common Projects b-ball high-tops and Engineered Garments x Vans slip-ons. The second a lot more than the first, but partially out of laziness.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads