• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a plain black derby with a ripple sole would be best, like what yuketen does..

I really dislike the additional details and contrast stitching in your mock ups.

What happened to the Scandi-mod-Color block thing u had going? Now it's like you're going full thrift shop.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this shoe talk makes me want to get new work shoes to wear with suits. I have some old Loakes that a pretty beat at this point.

Trickers country shoes with a commando sole look cool.

Last edited:

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this shoe talk makes me want to get new work shoes to wear with suits. I have some old Loakes that a pretty beat at this point.

Trickers country shoes with a commando sole look cool.

This was me a year ago: I was working in clothing sales and lusted after brands like Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling and Enzo Bonafe. At its peak, I (somehow) justified buying myself a pair of Corthay Arcas when the employee double discount event was going on - it was at the top of my holy grail list of dress shoes.

I don't frequent CM as much as I used to - as my clothing interests have swayed away from that side since I left that job - but man, do I still want a pair of Enzo Bonafe button boots.

Incidentally, I started getting into Margiela during the same time period. Sadly, I still only have one piece from the brand.

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a plain black derby with a ripple sole would be best, like what yuketen does..

I really dislike the additional details and contrast stitching in your mock ups.

What happened to the Scandi-mod-Color block thing u had going? Now it's like you're going full thrift shop.
The details and contrast stitching are all the default for George Cox, only thing I've changed in all the pics is the bottom of the sole.

Regarding the previous direction, I simply got terribly bored with dressing so safe all the time, so I think this more aggresive direction is the counter-reaction to that.

But it's also like, I still reguarly wear the same fits I wore a year ago, but I don't see the point in posting those, so what you guys get to see is me just trying new **** out.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

This was me a year ago: I was working in clothing sales and lusted after brands like Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling and Enzo Bonafe. At its peak, I (somehow) justified buying myself a pair of Corthay Arcas when the employee double discount event was going on - it was at the top of my holy grail list of dress. 

I don't frequent CM as much as I used to - as my clothing interests have swayed away from that side since I left that job - but man, do I still want a pair of Enzo Bonafe button boots.

Incidentally, I started getting into Margiela during the same time. Sadly, I still only have one piece from the brand. 

i want something slightly rounder. the rain model has a slightly squared off toe.

Last edited:

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@KoY: Good on you to experiment :) I'm sorry my tone was more confrontational than I wanted it to be haha.

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@KoY: Good on you to experiment
smile.gif
I'm sorry my tone was more confrontational than I wanted it to be haha.
Nah no worries, I fully understand why others might be confused about the change in the direction seeing how I had a pretty good thing going.
But yeah I just got bored, paired with the fact that it no longer felt like I was doing something unique or new (relatively anyway) which prompted this new direction.

My cobbler didn't have any ripple soles so it'd just be a normal topy on top of the crepe, so they would more or less look the same as how they originally look, but with the difference that sole won't wear down the way crepe does when on it's own.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
that's really ugly

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Length on these jeans work? Length is 30.5" and I'm prob a 31" inseam. Leg opening is 8.25" so a bit too big to stack anyways..

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ looks fine to me for the wide-ish vintage look. I have some old LVC that shrunk 5 inches that are about that length. Best with sandals but ok with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads