• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Would dress like this everyday minus the hat and pouch (0).

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A lot of napa reds (cabs) seem to be made in a very similar style though. Might get kinda samey after a while. I feel that in general (please don't kill me) the value for American wines is less because of the strong dollar, and a very affluent domestic market pushing prices up.

U guys have it good in France tho. Alsace rieslings, gewurtz.. so good. And i've been on a big sauternes kick lately.

What would be your american whine recs, whenever I go to america I try to drink local wines and am always amazed at the quality they have, sadly classified using almost meaningless taxonomies (you don't have terroir) like pinot noir (not my fav but hey) and cabernet sauvignon (cab!). I shiton SF as a semi-jke but Cali wine is very good overall.

Funny anecdote about asia: I've been offered free meals several times at luxury hotels (brunch) cause I think they were overjoyed with the status I added as a very caricature of high bourgeois looking white dude. I thought this was hilarious but this is disappearing (good thing overall).
Oddly I usually steer clear of California wines and usually buy French stuff. Plus Ms Parker likes Provence Rosé :) Overall quality is good in CA, but most of it (ime) tends to have a single-note quality that can be sorta boring and usually tends to be overly fruity/jammy/oaky imo. I like more earthy/mineral/herbal flavors. Napa Cabs have become a kind of race after points and once one winery gets a high score others try for that flavor profile. And pricing seems to keep going up, based primarily on hype and scores. But there are still some really nice things being made by small wineries all over California not shooting for those big scores/profiles, and many are going back to "Old World" techniques -- not over-oaking, less-meddling basically. While there may not be terroir in the French sense there are definitely different climate and growing locations (AVAs) that are better for certain kinds of grapes -- and people seek out varietals from those places (e.g. Pinot Noir from Santa Maria, Chardonnay from Santa Rita Hills, etc.).

tldr: mmm, wine

p.s. I'm all about the under 20 category. There are so many options and you aren't too bummed if it's not that great.

p.p.s. there's a good wine thread (and beer thread) over in the other part of the forum, if you have the nuts to leave SW&D. :)

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like mostly Visvim, although he wears Kapital and RRL too. It's funny he goes from full Visvim to full Acronym, but it works for him. Also yes, he has nice watches (sorry Frenchie).

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The documentary Sour Grapes, about a wine counterfeiter, is a good watch on Netflix. And the guy is from Arcadia!

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhh Parker. You are a man after my own heart.

My wife really loves the taste profile of the big napa cabs though.

Re wine shows: I've caught sour grapes, somm, and the wine show, all pretty cool and informative in their own right.

Last edited:

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
I recommend watching the 6 episode mini series Uncorked. It does the same thing as Somm but that subject is way better suited to a series imo. I watched it all on a flight I took last year and it was perfect flying tv.

Oh and Wine Align have 6 series of blind taste testing up on Youtube. Not everyone on there is great but John Szabo is pretty spot on most of the time.

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
In my years of collecting Margiela I have always been unlucky in one aspect...footwear. Besides the fact that I've never seen the painted or colored OG boots in anything but smaller sizes the shoes are usually beat to **** or nothing that interestes me. Half the time in the case of the GATS they weren't even given a size. It makes sense though can't expect shoes to hold up like a shirt or knit.

Anyways without turning this into a should I buy post what do you fellas think of these OG trainers from about 2000-2004?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
the only birdshit gats worth getting are the white ones

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I listed my Raf Velcros on eBay and just got an email saying it has been removed "after receiving a report from the rights owner that your listing used their trademark without their permission".... wtf is this?

happyriverz

Reaction score
^I'd pass. I see the appeal as vintage Margiela, but as just sneakers they don't seem that special. The paint splatter GATs are all over the place.

Also, looks like Grailed is selling some stuff from Wooster's closet? This mink lined coat from By Walid looks amazing (but also $4k) https://*****************/listings/1790298-By-Walid-Mink-lined-Patchwork-Parka

For $2K more, I'd rather get the brand new one on Farfetch (assuming that you have $4K to begin with).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads