• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John L

Reaction score

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What loser spends $12/day on pressed juice? Just buy your self a $400 juicer that only works with the brand's prepackaged options that cost about half that amount!
rolleyes.gif

0.jpg

0.jpg

Yes this is real.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a good article. I'm still gonna be myopic and say **** these people though.

"“We make over $1m between us, but we can’t afford a house,” said a woman in her 50s who works in digital marketing for a major telecoms corporation, while her partner works as an engineer at a digital media company. “This is part of where the American dream is not working out here.”"

Move the **** elsewhere. Don't even start that American dream bullshit with me.

"Michelle, a 28-year-old tech worker who earns a six-figure salary at a data science startup said her only chance of buying a home would be if she combined income with a partner. “For all the feminist movement of ‘you can do it all’, the concept of home ownership is really truly out of reach,” she said. “For me that’s disheartening.”

Move the **** elsewhere.

Another tech worker feeling excluded from the real estate market was 41-year-old Michael, who works at a networking firm in Silicon Valley and last year earned $700,000. Sick of his 22-mile commute to work, which can sometimes take up to two and half hours, he explored buying a property nearer work.

“We went to an open house in Los Gatos that would shorten my commute by eight miles. It was 1,700 sq ft and listed at $1.4m. It sold in 24 hours for $1.7m,” he said.

Move the **** elsewhere. Oh wait, he did.

Although he said his salary means he can afford to live a decent life, he finds the cost of living, combined with the terrible commute, unpalatable. He’s had enough, and has accepted a 50% pay cut to relocate to San Diego.

"I've had enough! I'll starve if I have to!" one person of the household makes $350k? Tragic.

“You are caught in this really uncomfortable position. You feel very guilty seeing such poverty and helplessness,” added Michelle, the 28-year-old on a six-figure wage. “But what are you supposed to do? Not make a lot of money? Not advocate for yourself and then not afford to live here?”

Move the **** elsewhere. You people created this problem yourselves.

The ultimate issue with this is that all of these people have the money, resumes, and equally important, the social capital to move elsewhere and get a STILL high paying job. Tech jobs are everywhere. Poor people have been doing it for a godamn eternity without any of that ****.

**** these people.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
hey **** you too, stylefarmer! i need to keep up with the jones and live my unsustainable power lifestyle!

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just ******* salty because I haven't found a cougar yet to take me on all the shopping sprees that I want to go on

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think good food is always worth money. I'd pay $8 a bagel for myself and another $8 for a friend if it meant we got to have a nice memory and maybe like a *******.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
heyitsmeurfriendwholikesbagelsandquickies

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ahhh Los Gatos :)

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@ClambakeSkate
I like the Muji wheeled stuff for check-in but carry-on I use Filson, does the job.

Briefcase under the seat, and duffle overhead. The medium duffel is made to meet maximum carry-on size.

I've been using a Filson Pullman bag as my carry on, technically above the limit but no one complains

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Move the **** elsewhere.

"Move the **** somewhere else" isn't that easy of an option if youre in certain industries. Academia, programming, research, etc. Which is a large part of what's here.

Really, a lot of this could be eased if the city was willing to build upwards. Basically just create sky scrapers like any cramped, small city in the world. But nobody wants sky scrapers in their backyard.

Last edited:

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think good food is always worth money. I'd pay $8 a bagel for myself and another $8 for a friend if it meant we got to have a nice memory and maybe like a *******.

I agree. I've had my fair share of pricier - and straight up pricey - meals, whether on my own or with company. I remember going to a local restaurant famous for its tasting menu when I heard it was going to shut down and rebrand itself under a new name and concept. It costed over $200, but I'll remember the experience for a while yet! I also didn't eat out for the rest of the month, and this took place during the first third of December.

I won't do this on my own anymore now that I went back to school and make less money than before, but by cutting back on alone meals I can justify spending $20 or so at a friend's birthday dinner. And of course, worth is relative. Most of us buy expensive clothing and footwear, after all.

But $8 for a bagel?...
ffffuuuu.gif

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah but those same folks are singlehandedly supporting all the artisanal chow wagons.

which of course makes work for artisanal chow wagon painters.

world goes round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads