• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigOmyD

Reaction score
please, tell me, where is the irony in my post?

Did I generalize a group of people based on my annoyance of your offensive post?

Or are you saying I am assuming you are a offensive person based on your post? Yes that is exactly it, what other source of information would I have/need for my perception of your character regarding this subject?

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
now that u mention.. maybe i should just get uggs.. ha ha

i've found a few more..:

http://store.silver-and-gold.com/?pid=109990758 (these the one u want? i'm tracking a second hand version on yjp but 500 bucks for used boots is a bit rich for me..)

slightly sleeker version from unused (i may have got these instead of geller if i spotted them earlier.. but i guess they are also nearly double the price i paid for the CPxgeller boots):
http://www.diverse-web.com/products/detail25506.html
better pics here: http://shop.havenshop.ca/products/uh0350-boots

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

now that u mention.. maybe i should just get uggs.. ha ha

i've found a few more..:

http://store.silver-and-gold.com/?pid=109990758  (these the one u want?  i'm tracking a second hand version on yjp but 500 bucks for used boots is a bit rich for me..) 

slightly sleeker version from unused (i may have got these instead of geller if i spotted them earlier.. but i guess they are also nearly double the price i paid for the CPxgeller boots): 
http://www.diverse-web.com/products/detail25506.html
better pics here: http://shop.havenshop.ca/products/uh0350-boots

Sole on the first looks cool, but prob too funky for me. Second is nice, but I want boots with a concealed/ non-exposed zipper.

Great finds though!

There's an old NN side zip model with shaggy suede that I really like. Would love to get that in brown, but haven't seen something pop up in my size.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do I kop and put on ice until the summer? Completely unlined Dolce & Gabbana goodness...

baltimoron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sole on the first looks cool, but prob too funky for me. Second is nice, but I want boots with a concealed/ non-exposed zipper.

Great finds though!

There's an old NN side zip model with shaggy suede that I really like. Would love to get that in brown, but haven't seen something pop up in my size.

I want to say that some foot the coacher models might come close to what you're looking for as well.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Anyone know of a good store for men's necklaces? Want to get something, but the usual places online (Mr. Porter and whatnot) don't have interesting pieces. Not really into Miansai kind of stuff.

Anyone know if a cool local shop in their town? Maybe something that's easily missed online?

@conceptual 4est had a great one back in the day with a silver twig pendant, but that company is sadly no longer around.

Kind of late to the party on this one but a friend of ours has a one man operation using a lot of jewelers bronze, silver, and some unique alloys like shibu-ichi / shakudo (usually upon request). Necklaces can be found right here, and eventually on our website once i reshoot our new stock.

Another interesting aspect of this work is the cordage, which is sometimes hand dyed or hand waxed, as well as occasional salvage pieces (there was a run of old lobster trap cordage that was dyed indigo at one point, makes it hard to keep track of on the web when some things are a 3-of but fun in the moment). My favorite is the kumihimo necklace, braided slowly by the artist himself.

Interesting that he has the pelican clips in the necklace section of his site, since we've always sold them as double(ish) wrap bracelets. Guess they'd make a good looking necklace too!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Re: Things You Buy But Never Wear, Wearing "Flesh Tones" and Shameful, But I Like Them:

Where to kop: western suit in kind of Margiela beige or gray? Not a full decorative rodeo Nudie suit, but just a solid wool maybe with colored piping and bootcut slacks. Most of the versions I've seen are full-on polyester and look like boxes. And usually start at size 46 Long (US size). Maybe our resident Texans have an idea. @Baron @1969

Also, does LabelKing ever read SF anymore? This 70s Brioni is pretty, pretty, pretty sweet. (Larry David voice). I would take a chance but it's too long for me.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on a pair of Yeezy Adidas the other day, they're pretty comfy + nice. I'd buy a pair if they weren't associated with, uh, whatever crowd is wearing that stuff

Also I just want a PS4 Pro, can't find one ANYWHERE, all the stock got diverted to the US for Christmas sales because nobody in Japan plays games that aren't on the phone anymore. Is this FF15 going to be good or will I be disappointed?

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
@nicelynice, is there a reason you're buying the pro instead of the slim? i'm debating between the two right now

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not really, I asked my coworker who knows about games and he said to get the pro (I guess more as a "future proof" thing)

I just wanna play Persona 5 and FF14!!

Last edited:

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Parker haha I thought u hated brown suits!

@nicelynice yea man I'm getting a PS4 just to play ff too.. I haven't played an FF game in years though... have been waiting for this one for forever..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads