• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
How can I get my Lemaire on without going Lemaire? A lot of the older season stuff I'm after is hard to come by second hand.

So far I've been keeping an eye on Margaret Howell, Comoli, Yaeca, Yantor, Trove, Auguste Presentation, A Vontade, Edwina Horl, Digawel - who else should be on my radar?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can I get my Lemaire on without going Lemaire? A lot of the older season stuff I'm after is hard to come by second hand.

So far I've been keeping an eye on Margaret Howell, Comoli, Yaeca, Yantor, Trove, Auguste Presentation, A Vontade, Edwina Horl, Digawel - who else should be on my radar?
Maybe some older season Ervell? It's not a 1:1 ratio, but there are similarities in cut and color.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Maybe E.Tautz, Umit Benan, Lucio Vanotti, Second Layer, and Deveaux?

Biggen

Reaction score

Should I "weatherproof" my suede 5 zip with some kind of spray protectant? Does that even do anything? 

Don't want to have to baby it, but don't want to have to pull a Seinfeld either.

Never put any protector on the suede A-1 that I got from TOJ. Have got caught in the rain a few times with it and have worked fine to just use a suede brush afterwards to remove the rain spots.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Thanks for the recs all.

@nicelynice do you know if Honor Gathering is cut for the JP market, ie. shorter sleeves? I've seen you post about them before, wondering if I should size up on shirts to get more of a tunic effect? The P2P on the shirts I'm looking at seems pretty slim...

Last edited:

JayFS

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem where the leather gets separated from the sole at a similar spot across 3 diff pair of boots so far. Not sure if the boots are too small or the age.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem where the leather gets separated from the sole at a similar spot across 3 diff pair of boots so far. Not sure if the boots are too small or the age.
is the leather tearing? If it is, it could easily be the size. If it's the stitching disintegrating, that is another thing.

I find that a lot of guys are wearing shoes that a a half to full size small. Your toes should never reach the end of a shoe. They are usually designed to have between 1/2" of space in the toe, and for elongated toe boots, often a bit more.

Or, so guys just bend the sole more as they walk. That flexing eventually takes its toll. There is no solution for that. Maybe the solution is to only wear sneakers or something with a super flexible sole, like sneakers or a crepe sole.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since this is a Yoox pic, does anyone have an idea what brand the jacket might be?
(Sometimes they feature the pictured item at the top of the sale page, but not this time)

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In case anyone is curious, New Zealand (Auckland specifically) feels like Vancouver 2.0. Makes the bay area feel cheap - except we have tech jobs to sustain the high cost of living etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members