• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark kent

Reaction score
has anybody had luck winning a lost in mail dispute with PayPal as a seller?

i sold a pair of pants on Grailed, shippe the item internationally. they attempted delivery multiple times, i told the buyer that the package was at his local post office waiting for him to claim it. he took too long to pick it up, so it was sent back to me. however, the package was lost on the way back to me. I have proof of shipping (receipts and customs form), but now all of a sudden the tracking is saying invalid number, and USPS is unable to locate the # in their system.. am ********? i don't think it's fair that i will be out the money and the pants, seeing as it was his fault for not picking it up when i told him (multiple times)

he also asked me to mark down the value so he wouldn't get hit with customs, which i stupidly did. so now there's no insurance.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Semi related but what happened with the whip TOJ thing in the end? Did lawyers actually get involved and did that journalist publish anything?

Drew lost his biggest asset about three weeks ago, which was about a 33% shareholding in Libertine. That was the only thing we could go after, so I'm trying to figure out where to go from here.

I've been meaning to update that ToJ thread but have been waffling on whether it's a good idea. Anyway, I guess I should.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anybody had luck winning a lost in mail dispute with PayPal as a seller?

i sold a pair of pants on Grailed, shippe the item internationally. they attempted delivery multiple times, i told the buyer that the package was at his local post office waiting for him to claim it. he took too long to pick it up, so it was sent back to me. however, the package was lost on the way back to me. I have proof of shipping (receipts and customs form), but now all of a sudden the tracking is saying invalid number, and USPS is unable to locate the # in their system.. am ********? i don't think it's fair that i will be out the money and the pants, seeing as it was his fault for not picking it up when i told him (multiple times)

he also asked me to mark down the value so he wouldn't get hit with customs, which i stupidly did. so now there's no insurance.

You've got a record of messages you sent him saying it was at his post office waiting for pickup, right? Present everything you have to PayPal and keep your fingers crossed. Also show them where he asked you to mark value down.

gustavobradley

Reaction score
Just chiming in to say that the discussion from the last few pages was great to read. A lot of interesting points were brought up from both sides, and really gave some nice basis for thinking on the topic. I do second the idea of an @Fuuma drunken lecture series, too

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amidst the Totokaelo debacle and CSC closing a few months ago and all the other doom and gloom retail news, Notre is quietly opening a second location.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Headed to london in few days , anybody around wanna have some afternoon tea
biggrin.gif

Yes - tell me more.

I've PM'd you.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
@the shah, do you drink alcohol?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I'd love to, but have plans this weekend if thats when you're arriving?

is it really far for a mid week trip? i s'pose people actually have jobs and do thinks like work

going to arsenal v chelsea saturday :slayer:

@LA Guy write me back :redx:

Last edited:

hennree

Reaction score
it's not far at all - I can be there in 45 mins:ember: just a bad week with work/house stuff.

great game to see man, enjoy.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Good discussion going here, dudes.

Anyone listen to 99% Invisible today?

http://99percentinvisible.org/episode/the-trend-forecast/

Podcast about trend forecaster, WGSN (never heard of 'em). The talk about how WGSN predicts/creates trends from two years out. They have a site behind a paywall that brands pay $$$ to access fancy pinterest or something. There are even design templates that brands just pull into illustrator and presto-chango SS17. Guy who started it ended up selling it because he ruined fashion forever (or something). Seems like a pretty good scheme. I always like stories like this that show the underbelly making these decisions that plebeians like myself lap up, totally unaware, wrongly assuming that we actually chose this pablum.

I can guarantee that it would be an interesting listen to literally every person reading this post, so fire it up while you do the dishes or something.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jian DeLeon (sf member) is sr menswear editor at wgsn. Brian trunzo (cofounder of Carson street) used to work there.

I bet someone at WGSN is reading this thread :paranoia:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads