• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VitaTimH

Reaction score
Depends on how much you're willing to pay for expensive streetwear I guess. I'm under the impression they retail for quite a bit less than that though -- like 15k jpy? Haven't kept up with them for about half a decade, though.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man just found out those feit slip ons are made in china for half a stack like wtf.

Even if they're made by master leather craftsmen in guangzhou I don't give a ****.

Yeah, my wool hikers were made in China, but the craftsmanship is pretty impressive, for half off anyway.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally made it to Mecca.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to my nieces wedding next Friday and torn on what to wear. They are both very young, neither into clothing and very conservative. Was initially thinking a light summer suit, but now I'm thinking a matched suit may still be too formal for them so maybe just a nice white Linen jacket with dockers and loafers.

Any suggestions?
You know them better than I. A white linen jacket may not be ideal if the ceremony and reception are indoors.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
@zissouI'd take them for half off.

how's the sizing like

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the shoe. I sized down one for the wool hikers, and it's the right size. The Feit website has sizing advice for each shoe, or just give them a call.

Just hit up Apartment Number 9 and Meyvn. Jacob at Mevyn was nice, and we chatted about the brands. Great shop. It was great to see Niuhans and Story Mfg in person.

Last edited:

Nikolaus

Reaction score
trousers>>>>jeans
even leaving the look aside, i put on one of my 10 pairs of apcs the other day and couldn't believe how uncomfortable they were. how the hell did i used to live in those things
one has to suffer for being dashing
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
rotflmao.gif

clark kent

Reaction score
i just recently quit my job of 6 years (salesman/floor manager/closer at a car dealership) and will start a new job next week working for Etsy. for the first time in my life i have a job that doesnt require a specific dress code! it feels great that i can submerge myself in jawns again and not worry about my manager asking me to go home and change because "i'm dressed too intimidating for customers." 0/10

i haven't been active much lately, but it's good to see a lot of the same members are still around!

clark kent

Reaction score
i started as a salesman then was promoted to floor manager/closer, which is pretty much still a salesman, but on top of that i was the guy that came in to close a deal if a colleague was having issues. so yes pretty much i was the douche that comes over when you wont agree to buy a car to pressure you some more.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is anybody making an indigo dyed linen trucker jacket (or bomber jacket)? I've found both made with indigo french terry, canvas and ventile, but no linen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads