• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to London in January and from what it seems it's going to be raining and cold there. I don't have any rain jacket, would this apolis transit issue field jacket do me well? Or should I look for something warmer?

It depends... :)

For the past few weeks the South East of the UK has been unseasonably mild - around 48-55 Farenheit (8-13c), so mild that Daffodils that shouldn't be flowering until March are out in places. That sort of temperature looks like holding for a while.

Typically January is more like 42-46F, but you can get cold snaps... :) Where it can be around freezing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Are people still buying artisanal brands?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered two John Elliott tees, took them 10 days to ship them out, $35 in shipping, $20 in customs fees, but damn, these tees are perfect. I like my shirts with a tight neck and a little extra length - the Classic Crew is a good cut. The texture on the Co-Mix fabric has a wonderful texture and I hope the 28% polyester helps it keep its shape. These might replace AA tri-blends as my favorite non-cotton shirt - we'll have to see how they hold up in the wash cycle

Really happy with these and the James Perse ones I picked up as well. Man, I love black t-shirts

Last edited:

kashmir

Reaction score
does John Elliott have oversized tees? been looking for t-shirts with dropped shoulder, slightly longer (and oversized?) body, possibly heavier/ more structured material

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the collab feature any slip-ons?

I don't see H&M stamped on the insole and I wouldn't expect H&M shoes to look that decent; what makes you think they are from the H&M collection?

Last edited:

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't see H&M stamped on the insole and I wouldn't expect H&M shoes to look that decent; what makes you think they are from the H&M collection?

They look like the loafers from the H&M collection. You wouldn't be able to see the H&M logo on the insole in the Yoox pics anyway.

FWIW I'm not interested in buying these - they're not even my size - I just found the thought of Yoox reselling ebay flipper markups amusing.

Last edited:

Bortelli

Reaction score
If you had to choose only one brand for your entire wardrobe, what would it be and why.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you had to choose only one brand for your entire wardrobe, what would it be and why.

It would be tricky as I frequently wear suits at work - there aren't many brands that stretch far enough into the formal and casual. At a pinch I suppose Engineered Garments would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads