• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The ribbon and the low cut of the edges (like a women's ballet flat) are what kill it for me.

Personally I'd wear patent leather lace-up shoes instead, ideally wholecuts but cap-toes wouldn't raise any eyebrows today.

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those would not qualify. The ones pictured earlier are formal shoes for black-tie wear.

A white / creeper sole makes those extra casual, and they are derbies to begin with, which are more casual than Oxfords, which are more casual than formal shoes.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok. I have never heard of opera pumps before so from context that's the kind of shoe I was picturing, and I know a lot of people do find them terrible (esp the public school versions).

boozwah

Reaction score
Back to the t-shirt conversation that comes up all the time. Bought some crew neck t-shirts to try from DSTLD, and they did not work at all. Good prices, but the t-shirts are really thin and cut extremely slender and extremely long. I am pretty tall, but they looked ridiculous on me. The neck hole was cut pretty nicely though.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Back to the t-shirt conversation that comes up all the time. Bought some crew neck t-shirts to try from DSTLD, and they did not work at all. Good prices, but the t-shirts are really thin and cut extremely slender and extremely long. I am pretty tall, but they looked ridiculous on me. The neck hole was cut pretty nicely though.

Which one(s) did you get? I bought one of these and the material seems decently thick: https://www.dstldjeans.com/products/cotton-modern-crew-neck-tee-in-smoke

It's definitely on the longer side, but I wouldn't call it too long by any means and it fits pretty well sized up 1.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
apologies if this was spotted already, but some great trolling here from SLP

$450 for a tux tee

$1,190 for dinosaur sweater, though this one's really not so bad

$2,690 for golf jacket (poly/cotton/acrylic) with happy astronaut image. detail shot:

(he kinda just looks like a dude gardening in a spacesuit)

I wonder if the prices reflect the work of artisans in the old atelier carefully cutting the neckline of the t-shirt or crafting the happy astronaut

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pattern matching on the jacket looks pretty bad, with a lost sliver of moon on the collar and such obvious duplication of the same astronauts throughout.

I was expecting a cute dinosaur like the Jil Sander one, so I'm going to disagree with you, I think that sweater is really bad.

Last edited:

boozwah

Reaction score
Which one(s) did you get? I bought one of these and the material seems decently thick: https://www.dstldjeans.com/products/cotton-modern-crew-neck-tee-in-smoke

It's definitely on the longer side, but I wouldn't call it too long by any means and it fits pretty well sized up 1.

The regular garment dyed crew necks. Yeah, for $20 its probably unfair to say they are too thin. Just seems strange to me for the shirts to be so fitted and so long. I'll probably keep the t-shirts and use them if I am wearing longer layers on top, but they are not something I'd ever just wear with jeans or shorts.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

The regular garment dyed crew necks. Yeah, for $20 its probably unfair to say they are too thin. Just seems strange to me for the shirts to be so fitted and so long. I'll probably keep the t-shirts and use them if I am wearing longer layers on top, but they are not something I'd ever just wear with jeans or shorts.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I reckon. Did you go TTS? I sized up on account of how slim they looked on the models, which I thought worked out ok either alone or as a layering piece.

It's cold and dark here, so no photos, but maybe I'll try to take one later this week.

boozwah

Reaction score
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I reckon. Did you go TTS? I sized up on account of how slim they looked on the models, which I thought worked out ok either alone or as a layering piece.

It's cold and dark here, so no photos, but maybe I'll try to take one later this week.

I went pretty TTS. I'm about 6 foot 180 and went with a Large. Yeah, trying them on again, they're not that bad. Looks fine with a jacket, but a little much by itself. I would be pretty happy with them if they took an inch or two off the bottom. Fit pics:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Darn 501 CT almost like the perfect jean for me OTR, but they taper down too much. 31 goes down to 6.75". Anyone got recc for something with the exact same top block that goes down to 7.5" or so?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came to the same conclusion with the 501 CTs. Ended up just buying a pair of the loose fit 3Sixteens and tapering them a little.

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

apologies if this was spotted already, but some great trolling here from SLP

$450 for a tux tee

$1,190 for dinosaur sweater, though this one's really not so bad

$2,690 for golf jacket (poly/cotton/acrylic) with happy astronaut image. detail shot:

(he kinda just looks like a dude gardening in a spacesuit)

I wonder if the prices reflect the work of artisans in the old atelier carefully cutting the neckline of the t-shirt or crafting the happy astronaut

**** hedi slimane but I love this ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads