• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah the one im looking at is 61. I get 59 when I measure which I guess would probably fit fine though after seeing your post (l=60). Nonnative laborer in rabbit which looks like a felted wool so I figured it would shrink. I always thought nonnatives were letter sized though.

if you check the sizing link on coverchord, there should be a corresponding cm size to the number size

also, i have shrunk a hat significantly by dipping it in just boiled water. is kapital boro hat and still the top is a bit wonky. really risky i think and wouldn't bother getting a hat you know is too large...

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I kinda like this space suit crew neck thing. Haven't EG or some other brands done something like this before?

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
EG's was a vest, from what I remember.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

anyone got leads on flared jeans for men, not quite bell bottom status, slim with some stretch? like the uniqlo slim tapered up top but you know not tapered

levis standard bootcut jeans are gross frat status

preferably somewhere with a good return policy or a physical store in LA in case this experiment is a horrible misdeed

devoa

h. lorenzo carries it.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
anyone got leads on flared jeans for men, not quite bell bottom status, slim with some stretch? like the uniqlo slim tapered up top but you know not tapered

levis standard bootcut jeans are gross frat status

preferably somewhere with a good return policy or a physical store in LA in case this experiment is a horrible misdeed

Devoa, as Nahneun said, or if you want more "standard" jeans try RRL : http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750064

They do a "slim bootcut" in a variety of washes - if you check SF's Buy and Sell you may be able to find some for much cheaper than retail.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love your optimism. Did you ask what happened to the last intern? Last I heard, he was living in the basement of Men's Warehouse, living in a tent constructed of poly-blend suits. That's why you always hear crying whenever you walk into that store.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe you were looking for this, @coolron ?

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/21758-missed-connections-sufu-edition-no-****/
Does SF have something like this? Would be golden. Especially if we have some people trolling

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How loyal are y'all to good retailers? At what $$$ amount will you simply choose the cheaper option regardless of how good the customer service is? I've got a couple fantastic local stores with staff that (I believe) tolerate my presence pretty well and (maybe) enjoy hanging out and talking clothes with me. I try to buy at these stores whenever possible, but sometimes the difference is $200-300 vs. ordering across the country from another store (with good customer service) or $300-400 vs. ordering from an EU store that doesn't care about anything except whether I've paid them, doesn't answer e-mails, and forgets my orders. Those aren't insubstantial sums of money, and these are businesses, not charities. I feel bad "windowshopping" local stores, and if it's less than $100 difference, it's a no-brainer, but with higher-ticket items.. the price adds up.

On a side note, I wish Hide-M stocked Layer-0 :)

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How loyal are y'all to good retailers? At what $$$ amount will you simply choose the cheaper option regardless of how good the customer service is? I've got a couple fantastic stores with staff that I (believe) tolerates my presence pretty well and (maybe) enjoy hanging out and talking clothes with me. I try to buy at these stores whenever possible, but sometimes the difference is $200-300 vs. ordering across the country from another store (with good customer service) or $300-400 vs. ordering from an EU store that doesn't care about anything except whether I've paid them, doesn't answer e-mails, and forgets my orders. Those aren't insubstantial sums of money, and these are businesses, not charities. I feel bad "windowshopping" local stores, and if it's less than $100 difference, it's a no-brainer, but with higher-ticket items.. the price adds up.

On a side note, I wish Hide-M stocked Layer-0
smile.gif
I'd say about $250 on a item priced in the $1-1.5K range. That's based on recent experience. However, if a localish retailer is selling something for $300-$400, and the overseas retail is $170 or so... c'mon, I'm not that loyal. I won't showroom though. I'll simply buy the product from overseas.

On other note, I wish that Guidi would deliver my MTO Guidi 017s (reverse horse, that off white color) to Hide-M already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads