• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
I bought this coat from Dries: http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2015-menswear/dries-van-noten/slideshow/collection#7 but they don't want to ship internationally because "it's made out of exotic materials". I thought Dries uses faux fur? But anyway, someone has experience with this? I'm living in the EU (Belgium to be precise).

I think it's the fur collar. It's probably not that exotic, probably just fur imported from China. But that's another problem, because China has a very bad track record with compliance. Most of the killing of endangered species around the SEA region are for export to China (eg: sharkfin). They believe exotic stuffs are good for heath (eg: rhino horn, tiger bone), but the actual benefits are doubtful.

However, check where the coat is made. If it's made in EU, there should be no problem to have it in Belgium, similar to how American alligator is CITES compliant by default :D

Ragechester

Reaction score
Usually find Totokaelo's buying to be pretty boring but I like that they used a model of a different age. Struck me as something I don't see often enough on web stores. I don't know why youth is such a commodity to sell when half of the models in mens fashion look so out of place compared to a guy like this, look at him... he's a G!

blog_Look01_148866M-009.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree. Guy looks good. It's nice to see clothes on different sizes and ages of people. I always appreciate when clothes are shown on shorter dudes, too. So many things look great on 6'3 bean poles --- and totally dumb on average height, average build, average age guys. hahaha!

Maxwellll

Reaction score
I noticed that guy too, recognised him from being in a bunch of Oliver Spencer shows. The older person is probably the one buying more high end clothes anyway? Would be interesting to know from the stores which age range is their best customer

anyway, love this fit

zoom_Look28_149112M-016.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Realize this is basic-fashion-dude tier stuff, but I'm really into oversized topcoats right now. Slim or full pants. Textured knitwear or turtlenecks. Those Totokaelo looks are good.

Fok probably thinks this is too "basic Parisan Instagrammer dude," which is probably true, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can clear a nice personal space in a crowded Metro car though.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only vetements stuff in the wild on a regular basis are the raincoats or the "total ******* darkness" hoodies.. so boring

I wanna see the weird/stupid stuff!!

John-Galt

Reaction score
I'm moving into a small apartment with limited space. Want a clothing rack to hang some of my nicer pieces. Any recommendations outside of ikea? Would prefer to spend less. I'm located in Canada. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads