• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have consigned there. It was a very easy experience, and all the stuff sold for ~40% of what I probably could have sold it for. I ended up making almost nothing for some moderately decent stuff.

I'm considering consigning my remaining stuff, since I just don't have the time to manage sales anymore, and I'm going to do it through NMWA's program or Spoo if I do.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
I would if the ''A'' didnt disappear when i initially typed it.
Your name is the best name in the history of names. Please don’t change it.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Just found out about them from a fashion YouTuber. Dude said their authentication process is better then Grailed's. Havent brought/sold anything from them yet.
Anyone have experience consigning things to 'realreal'?

flicers

Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for second-hand clothing retailers/resources online beyond the obvious ones like:

TheRealReal
Vestiaire Collective
Rakuten
etc.

I recently started browsing Vinted.fr, which seems cool, and I'm sorry I didn't know of it earlier - just a matter of convincing some sellers to ship internationally.

Also leboncoin.fr - a French Craigslist/Kijiji I take it? Have seen a few cool things, would have to convince sellers to ship internationally, as with above.

I guess Videdressing would also fall under what I'm describing, I check that every now and then.

Anything else along those lines i.e. regional/local that require a bit of digging?

for germany there's ebay kleinanzeigen and kleiderkreisel (vinted is the french version) and willhaben.at for Austria

jtj48

Reaction score
I have consigned there. It was a very easy experience, and all the stuff sold for ~40% of what I probably could have sold it for. I ended up making almost nothing for some moderately decent stuff.

Yeah, that's been my experience as well. Unless the item you're consigning is from a big name / currently in vogue designer brand, it's going to get priced very low. But, the consignment process is very easy and items generally move quickly.

The flip side of that is that if you are consigning big name stuff, realreal is a pretty decent option. Almost no work on your end, you get a decent return, and the whole process is pretty quick. Still, there are probably better consignment options out there unless you're really just going for speed and convenience.

paris94

Reaction score
I just saw Peter Murphy a few months ago, and I've pretty much decided there's no one I want to look like more than him at that age. Here's a few pics I took:

View attachment 1234008
View attachment 1234009
How was the show? I have tickets to his residency in NYC for (2) nights...sadly, the ones post-poned due to his heart attack. Awaiting reschedule dates. Been a fan since Bauhaus days.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Does anyone have these? I’ve been tempted for a while but still on the fence.

Attachments

• EF90DFFF-DF98-49FC-A389-96FCEA2129B4.jpeg
    EF90DFFF-DF98-49FC-A389-96FCEA2129B4.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 66

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Therealreal also regularly puts up fake items, their screen process isn't as good as they say it is. The scammers just refund until they finally find someone who doesn't know any better.

papado

Reaction score
Therealreal also regularly puts up fake items, their screen process isn't as good as they say it is. The scammers just refund until they finally find someone who doesn't know any better.

They used to be a good source for good deals on certain items before they got too popular--I ended up with a fake Hermes tie after many legit ones and gave up for good buying from them a few years ago

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so what the steezy peeps in Japan pumping iron in? i've worn through all my lululemon stuff and going back to 100% cotton.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
SMH :eh:. Guess i should stay away from them then...

They used to be a good source for good deals on certain items before they got too popular--I ended up with a fake Hermes tie after many legit ones and gave up for good buying from them a few years ago

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Wondering if i should keep the crease in my black Dickies or not.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I went back to selling things through eBay lately. Had a bunch of items in garage I needed to list which I was lazy about and clothing items.

Had a pretty good experience lately. Some of the buyers hit me up via PP direct for things that I messaged them about that weren’t listed so that was cool.

Fb marketplace has been Ok as well recently. Crazy how Craigslist list kind of died off.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodriked