• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
was looking for a cool fountain pen to, uh, use when i wear stuff like schneider or margiela. looked up "margiela fountain pen" and found the company literally stuck a big ass feather into a bic pen and sold that thing for like 150. lol

imagine pulling this out of your five zip and writing with it

http://mmafury.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/**-penn-gif-not-bad-GIF.gif

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My style brethren, how do you hang your Kapital Ring Coat? The neck opening is so large I gotta button it all the way up and then conscious about the hanger stretching out the neck / shoulder line. This the sorta stuff I worry about.. first world problems.

The inside of the jakcet should have a loop, like where you'd hang the jacket from on a coat hanger. Take your hanger, slip the loop over the crooked metal part of your hanger, and then hang it up in your closet. All the pressure on the garment will be on the hanging loop, not the shoulders.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendations for things to do/see/eat in sorrento/capri/positano?

Will be in the amalfi coast till next Monday morning

On Capri there’s the Villa Jovis.

There’s an impressive complex of early (for Italy) Greek temples at Paestum.

Have you considered Pompeii or Herculaneum?

futuresailors

Reaction score
Any recommendations for things to do/see/eat in sorrento/capri/positano?

Will be in the amalfi coast till next Monday morning

Take this with a grain of salt as it’s from research for work and I’ve never actually been...

Sorrento has some limoncello factories you can tour, and the cathedral is pretty nice - doors are 11th century from Constantinople.

Once you’re on the Amalfi coast proper, there’s the path of the gods hiking trail that has some amazing views. The villas at Ravello are spectacular - probably the best single point of interest on the coast. You can head to that canyon beach if you want to up your IG cred.

Eat cup of fish (frito misto they sell as street-food), seafood pasta dishes, lemon-based cakes and pastries. Drink limoncello. Many of the towns have their own signature dish eg: maiori has a chocolate eggplant dessert.

On Capri, take the chairlift up the mountain, and visit the villa. Blue grotto is really popular so unless you get there really early you’re going to be waiting in line forever for a 15 minute boat ride.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Army has been trying to implement that uniform for years. They snuck this one in just before the Congress-mandated moratorium on new uniforms kicked in. I wish they would have done something about the bling, though. Compare the new uniform to historical pics. Soldiers have way too many accessories now.

From the article:

At a White House event for veterans in April, President Trump praised the style.

“Those beautiful new uniforms with the belt — it was a big deal, the belt,” he said. “And if you think those uniforms were inexpensive, they were very expensive. They were very. But they wanted it, and we got it.”

Truly the great orator of our time.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote: “The right uniform immediately exudes trust and power — it’s a shorthand that says, ‘Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing,’” Ms. Craik said.

This is exactly what I think EVERY time I see this Zuckerberg guy.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Hugo Boss FW1934 Collection....completely wasted

F5AF4284-F49B-4A4F-9C8C-7B703E0A0A4D.jpeg

Of course no one can touch the Spanish foreign legion

07mIOk19bU7vzWm_-UnsBUOgi7fBnZ_-yPkpidfvhhc.jpg

Yes gold chains are standard issue

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about Army Chiefs of Staff. They were in command most of their careers, sometimes at the 4-star level. They get made the Chief of Staff of the Army and suddenly realize they are not a commander anymore. They run up against Congress, DOD bureaucracy, the defense industry, and their peers. Folks start telling them "no" which is a word they rarely heard when in command.

Training and procurement are a few of the areas they can influence. Adding a new uniform, beret, a new badge, spearheading a new rifle/pistol procurement process, etc. is a way to leave a mark. Just my two-bit analysis.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hugo Boss FW1934 Collection....completely wasted

View attachment 1171443

Of course no one can touch the Spanish foreign legion

07mIOk19bU7vzWm_-UnsBUOgi7fBnZ_-yPkpidfvhhc.jpg

Yes gold chains are standard issue
Did they run out of shirt buttons or were these uniforms designed by Barry Gibb in 1978? :bounce2:

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
will be in washington DC for 4 nights in a couple of weeks, any must kop/eat recommendations? Staying a bit north of Dupont circle, and am pretty busy/lazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads