• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sorta see cyc's wardrobe with a Porter or Margiela weekender. Margiela's are often leather though and therefore not that lightweight.
Yeah, the Boston bags in the standard Porter line are super lightweight. And they look pretty cool too. Dries has some cool bags, but they are not always lightweight.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should've clarified not for me, though I'm planning to get a Porter 2-way brief for work on days when I don't want to use my Master-Piece backpack. I have a dark blue pebbled Margiela bag I rarely use and a dark blue shrunken calf Mulberry clipper. Definitely not lightweight, but it's pretty great.

Incidentally, I ordered and returned that 2-way potential tote (too big).

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two Master Piece bags, a back pack and an overnighter. Love them, but both are just shy of perfect - the back pack has rigid side pockets, hard to stuff a water bottle in; the over nighter doesn’t have any large external accessible pockets, like to stash a phone or wallet

SCH00

Reaction score
Anyone have a rec for black "washed" denim in a slim tapered cut with a medium rise? I really like Acne's used black color but none of their fits are appealing to me – the slimmer pants all seem to have a way too low rise and the river fit is nice everywhere but is cropped.

These would be mainly worn with a pair of black side zips.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have a rec for black "washed" denim in a slim tapered cut with a medium rise? I really like Acne's used black color but none of their fits are appealing to me – the slimmer pants all seem to have a way too low rise and the river fit is nice everywhere but is cropped.

Not washed, but I wear Circle of Friends (sometimes called C.O.F. online) with black side zips. They're black weft and black warp, but that means they show fades better over time. I can't remember right now, but I think the M1 is their slimmest cut, while the M2 is slightly fuller, but still slimmer than most. Both have a decent rise for slim jeans.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also not washed, but Indigofera has a gunpowder black denim in several different cuts that can end up looking like this photo below (more photos here from http://www.statement-store.com, a place in Munich it looks like...).
barsehnsucht-sehnsucht-bar-indigofera-indigoferaprimajeans-clint-gunpowder-statement-statementstore-shopping-munich-g.jpg

I've had a pair for about six months or so and I'm not hard on my denim, but have worn them and washed them a couple of times and am definitely see the fadz.

I'm kind of a big fan of Indigofera's stuff though...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads