• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Donut

Reaction score
@nicelynice I'm a fan of the VaporMax so I'd go for them. They're definitely not as versatile as GATs though imo.

I wasn't aware there was a laceless version outside of the CDG collab. I wish I had known before I got my pair.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need a new pair of sneakers, my Margiela GATs are on their last legs.. I prefer something I don't need to lace because I mainly wear sneakers when I want to slip something on and cruise around the neighborhood. Before I just buy another pair of GATs, I've been thinking about Nike Vapormax SEs, which are crazy comfy as well.

Are these stupid? I can only find them for like $50 above retail, too ($270). I'd mainly pair them with jeans and sweats

Same as these, but without the Comme des Garcons branding

you can also wait for these:
924453_009_A_PREM

4/6 release https://www.nike.com/launch/t/air-vapormax-plus-black-volt

motosacto

Reaction score
I’ve been recording colors and brands everyday for about 9 months now. It’s pretty easy to punch in the values while my morning coffee brews.

I noted the color of each article of clothing as well as secondary colors in some cases. Then it’s just a matter of gathering all the colors for each month, getting the frequency table of each color and plotting out the percentages.

Do you control for visible area? Or does a tie count as much as a shirt? Oh, this could be fun... I can see a colortracker app that analyzes daily selfies and autopopulates the tables...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got the Sean Wotherspoon Air Maxes and I can't help thinking I'd rather have another pair of GAT's or CP's. :redface:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s a pair of Margiela plaster GATS in 43.5 I just returned to RealReal

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you can flip those for like 600 and get what you want...

Probably what I'll do, just list for cheaper than Stockx/Goat through another method?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh so my greatest clothing related fear has come true and I appear to have been hit with wool eating moths. Didn't have time to fully survey the damage this morning but they put holes in a howlin' knit as well as my sns stark at least. I have cedar blocks but apparently they didn't do much. i ordered some sweater boxes as well as traps and camphorwood blocks. i also bought eucalan soap to wash my knits with and am going to remove them all from the drawers and clean the drawers pretty well. anything else I can do?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads