• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 7.55.48 PM.png

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jeez, forgot to watch the new thread, had to go through 11 pages to catch up. I've always liked these square frames, have had a few vintage pairs as sunglasses.

My current specs are from Garrett Leight, and I have a backup pair of silver wire frame Moscots for a change of pace.

1056-49-MGITL_1.png
kibits_demo_silver_front-left-web_1.jpg

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m really getting into big shapeless overcoats, with everything, from CM to streetwear. I like how they soften an otherwise rigid suit, or country-fy jeans and boots.

I've had a growing desire for a rough brown wool balmacaan. In my mind I think the vibe is kinda Paul Harnden, but I can't be paying those face-melting prices and I don't even know if he makes a balmacaan. The search goes on!

Thanks for the suggestion - I love SEH Kelly a ton, but this isn't exactly what I'm imagining. It's a little too put together. I want something a little slouchier, a little longer, and with a couple fewer details. I do want that wool trench they've been teasing though.

You could always go vintage. I thrifted this ancient tweed Burberry a couple weeks ago and it conveniently checked all the boxes I was looking for in a Balmacann.

IMG_8858.JPG

IMG_8859.JPG

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed I didn't crack the top. New year's resolution acquired

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In honor of RFT II being retired here's a quick breakdown of the most frequent posters, the most frequent words used, and of course words associated with "fashion" in the thread.

I think one good way people can wear last year's black leather jacket well is to see if anyone knows how to take a pair of long pants and maybe stuff the things with a lot of something cool—even pretty much anything actually. Sure, you can probably buy a better brand that fits great first, but guys always say, "Fashion never looks back, it always needs to feel new." But first, size down. Though maybe you want to be wearing a used pair. You might find that they're going to be made kind of big looking. See, there's still time. word_cloud-1.png

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i'm surprised dww has almost twice my post count in rft 2

baltimoron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to know what's an antisportcoat.

The text pre-processing removes punctuation, so the full phrase is probably anti-sportcoat. Did we all at some point talk about how tech was anti-sportcoat or something?

I'm disappointed I didn't crack the top. New year's resolution acquired

By my count you had 111 posts, which probably puts you around latter 30's or 40's.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a chelsea (or other ankle) boot with rounder toe -- that is not super clunky, ugly? I can't do the elongated lasts. The closest I could find is an APC boot which I have and is pretty decent. Looking for a light brown or tan suede. Minimal sole, not super chunky and no crepe, if possible.

Don't laugh but this Forever 21 shape is kinda what I'm after. Medium round.

forever-21-tan-faux-suede-chelsea-boots-brown-product-1-021990246-normal.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads