• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230623-213156.png

😬😬😬

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying some kind of comfortable, flowy, silky black pants to go with this shirt. I found some women's pants, but they're all flare pants with tight thighs and ass, which won't work for my bottom heavy build.

Can't find any for men. Would also prefer not to drop $200USD+ on them.

aHR0cHM6Ly9vYXMuY2VudHJhY2RuLm5ldC9jbGllbnQvZHluYW1pYy9pbWFnZXMvNjY2XzFhOTNlOGU4MDAtbGVvLWN1YmEtdGVycnktc2hpcnQtNzAwMy01OS1hLW9yaWdpbmFsLmpwZw==.jpg

Any ideas or recommendations? Also no idea what shoes I'd wear, I wonder if my dark brown Birk thong sandals would work?

71063.jpg
HELL NO! You can not wear brown birks with black pants.

feliks

Reaction score
@FlyingHorker

Some ones I've been looking at:

They'd look good with black Chamula Cancun huaraches or just lowtop white canvas sneaks imo

I'm in the same boat, Wranchers give me the silhouette of a Tom of Finland drawing

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HELL NO! You can not wear brown birks with black pants.
Other suggestions then?
@FlyingHorker

Some ones I've been looking at:

They'd look good with black Chamula Cancun huaraches or just lowtop white canvas sneaks imo

I'm in the same boat, Wranchers give me the silhouette of a Tom of Finland drawing
COS pants look good, but the sizing chart doesn't work.

The other 2 are either sold out or look too tight.

I googled Tom of Finland and laughed. Too true.
510418_9c4fb18e0f969b4d4a0392fa100916e5.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate summer heat so much that I just wear clothes so I’m not naked. I never really put any thought into what to wear other than which Reyn Spooner shirt I feel like today.

Edit: although I have found some solace in J Crew’s medium tall Baird McNutt linen shirts.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious where people go to discuss brands like acronym and Veilance. Have looked in SF but activity appears light. Thanks!
You guys are always welcome to start or revive threads. Honestly, both brands seem to have been fairly quiet recently, though it seems like both are also well position to tap into current trends.

looseandwavey

Reaction score
@FlyingHorker

I've just got a pair of wide linen trousers from black ficus I would recommend. Also got fairly chunky thighs etc and they are fine.

Other suggestions then?

COS pants look good, but the sizing chart doesn't work.

The other 2 are either sold out or look too tight.

I googled Tom of Finland and laughed. Too true.
510418_9c4fb18e0f969b4d4a0392fa100916e5.jpg
black ficus do some nice linen trousers https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/149...a933&ref=shop_home_active_6&frs=1&crt=1&sts=1 . I have a fairly large thighs and found these worked for me.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Junglejack

Reaction score
I hate summer heat so much that I just wear clothes so I’m not naked. I never really put any thought into what to wear other than which Reyn Spooner shirt I feel like today.

Edit: although I have found some solace in J Crew’s medium tall Baird McNutt linen shirts.

Those J. Crew shirts are shockingly decent. Purchased 3 when they were on sale a few months back and only wished I sized down more as even accounting for linen comfort fit, they are pretty loose.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those J. Crew shirts are shockingly decent. Purchased 3 when they were on sale a few months back and only wished I sized down more as even accounting for linen comfort fit, they are pretty loose.
Yeah, they are great shirts for days when I want to look halfway decent but don’t want to care about what I’m wearing. Their medium tall sizing is nearly perfect for me except that I need to shorten all of the sleeves about 3/4”.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lately I've really been gravitating towards all black clothes together with Air Jordan sneakers. Throw some silver jewelery or something in the mix. You with me @LA Guy?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This reminds me - I've got a couple of Reyn Spooner shirts I picked up from Leather Soul Hawaii like a decade ago. I love those shirts but have worn my favorite of the two into the ground and it's beginning to get a bit threadbare in a few spots. Maybe I should look into some replacements.

I generally prefer cotton or linen/cotton blend over pure linen but I grabbed one of those Baird McNutt linen shirts from J. Crew at the end of last summer for something like $20 (I really liked the color and it was hard to pass up at that price) and was really impressed with it - nice and soft linen off the bat and doesn't shrink up to half its size in the wash like I've had some linen shirts do. If I had any complaint it would be that the collar is too small, but it's a J. Crew shirt so I guess that's to be expected.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads