• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone lead me towards the kind of belt that would be used with this style buckle? It has a one inch width. I am just looking for a basic black leather strap to go with it. Was told before that some would be too thick so that is why I'm pretty confused with what to get.
That is going to take a pretty slim, light strap - I would guess 0.75" width, and I probably no more than 6-7 ounce leather (bridle leather is 9-12 ounce). You are going to need to go to a specialty leather store for that, as most pre-cut belt straps are usualy 1.25" and 1.5", and the buckkle you have is decidedly smaller, like a jewelry buckle or a traditionally women's belt. Here is something:
I like Chicago screws for this type of project. They are secure and more durable than rivets, and you can change out straps with just a screwdriver.

Last edited:

shirtandty

Reaction score
That is going to take a pretty slim, light strap - I would guess 0.75" width, and I probably no more than 6-7 ounce leather (bridle leather is 9-12 ounce). You are going to need to go to a specialty leather store for that, as most pre-cut belt straps are usualy 1.25" and 1.5", and the buckkle you have is decidedly smaller, like a jewelry buckle or a traditionally women's belt. Here is something:
I like Chicago screws for this type of project. They are secure and more durable than rivets, and you can change out straps with just a screwdriver.
Awesome, I appreciate the advice! Definitely going to look into that piece there

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Can anyone lead me towards the kind of belt that would be used with this style buckle? It has a one inch width. I am just looking for a basic black leather strap to go with it. Was told before that some would be too thick so that is why I'm pretty confused with what to get.

If it's actually 1" internally, you can buy a cheap strap from this ebay seller. Look for "Belt Strap For Pressure Buckle". You can also sometimes buy 1" straps from Brooks Brothers, since they sell similar buckles.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Lots of nice scans of fashion book and editorials, stuff like CdG, Yohji, Undercover, Kapital, Raf Simons..

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own pants from Officine Générale? Interested but wondering how they fit. Any favorite models?
I like the self-belted Paul but they look quite slim.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own pants from Officine Générale? Interested but wondering how they fit. Any favorite models?
I have a pair of the Paul and they are indeed quite slim. Very well made, though. I prefer a different model called the Pierre, with self belt, double pleats, and a roomier thigh with substantial taper. I would think they will have a wide/straight leg model soon to keep up with the times if they don’t already.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

like @#dadcore said the paul is slim.
I have two pairs of Pierre and really like them. One in a navy wool fresco, sized up to a 52 and another beige cotton in my normal 50. I prefer them sized up.
I also have some Hugo in wool flannel that are like the pierre without pleats (self belt, straight fit) and the luigi.
Luigi and pierre are their two best cuts imo and i prefer them both sized up.
The luigi is a wider cut, double pleated, self-belted chino. Unless they've added new cuts the Luigi is their biggest.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the Paul and they are indeed quite slim. Very well made, though. I prefer a different model called the Pierre, with self belt, double pleats, and a roomier thigh with substantial taper. I would think they will have a wide/straight leg model soon to keep up with the times if they don’t already.

like @#dadcore said the paul is slim.
I have two pairs of Pierre and really like them. One in a navy wool fresco, sized up to a 52 and another beige cotton in my normal 50. I prefer them sized up.
I also have some Hugo in wool flannel that are like the pierre without pleats (self belt, straight fit) and the luigi.
Luigi and pierre are their two best cuts imo and i prefer them both sized up.
The luigi is a wider cut, double pleated, self-belted chino. Unless they've added new cuts the Luigi is their biggest.

Very helpful. Thank you both.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads