• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
General question... why do so many brands like ironheart, samurai, sugarcane, etc have absolute terrible pattern matching where the sleeves connect on their shirts? It has to be on purpose right?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
General question... why do so many brands like ironheart, samurai, sugarcane, etc have absolute terrible pattern matching where the sleeves connect on their shirts? It has to be on purpose right?
That workwear life.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Area CM Man Discovers Japanese Americana, Does Not Like Fit

schraiber

Reaction score
What do you want the pattern matching to look like? I don't think most patterns can be exactly matched at the shoulder.

Along these lines, I have a shirt from Freenote where I'm reasonably sure it was intentionally cut with the slightly diagonal on the body. I'm not actually sure I love it, but it def seems like it was done on purpose.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone wear enamel pins ever?

I’d never considered it but recently received a few that have personal meaning and also look pretty cool. Wondering if anybody has thoughts or examples on how to wear them in a way that’s not lame (possibly on a souvenir / bomber type jacket? or in a Bode vibe kind of way?) Or is this a foolish endeavor?

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’d never considered it but recently received a few that have personal meaning and also look pretty cool. Wondering if anybody has thoughts or examples on how to wear them in a way that’s not lame (possibly on a souvenir / bomber type jacket? or in a Bode vibe kind of way?) Or is this a foolish endeavor?

Id think if they have a personal meaning and you like them you should go for it. You’ll find a spot for them that feels natural eventually. Maybe on a strap or somewhere like a flap of a bag, or the chest pocket of a jean jacket? Those I think would be the most widely seen spots for them.

I have a few crafts and little tchotchkes my daughter gave me attached to my work bag.

elongatedskull

Reaction score

I have a stockpile of them, I used to bear an assemblage on my denim jacket but quickly grew to dislike it, I occasionally contemplate the idea of wearing just one on the collar of a jacket now but can never decide which to wear..

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score

I think people who pull this off best, are people who don't give a ****. I work with a woman who has that kind of style, it's effortless. If you are going to add an enamel pin to your clothes, you just have to do it and forget the rest.

I'm trying take this approach more with my own choices. Going with my gut, wearing the first item that catches my eye, etc. I remember sewing a band patch on my shorts when I was younger. There wasn't agonizing thought behind it, I just did it because I thought it looked cool. You should do the same with your pins.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what type of pins are you considering? I have a bunch of pins I wear (one at a time) in the lapel of jackets. Have a couple of ouroboros pins, Eye of Horus, green man, and others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads