• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's basically part of the project of modern (not contemporary) art anyway (remove/mess with one variable like say perspective to bring a new way of looking) so not very surprising it comes from an artist. Not that I'd do it for dressing though.

How do people rate the Guardian fluff vs the NYT fluff* btw (for readers of both obviously)?

*Fluff is stuff like this article or quirky dating articles or this is the new trend on instagram and tiktok and here's why. Often written with a wink to the reader saying we're both bright people at a distance from this even though we're neck deep in it. Usually coded as female-centered stuff. Fluff like deeply stupid OP-eds by cringe ameridad (who like war criminal David Frum and cringe corporate stooge Ted Cruz was born in Canada) David Brooks are considered deep-thinking about the issues (tm) in some circles so not fluff.

It's all fluff. The only good outlets nowadays are The Financial Times, The Economist, and The Epoch Times.

now we wait for people to get mad

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So... wearing one colour a day: liberating, fun, cartoonish, attention-seeking... or what?

Seems every Engineered Garments lookbook for the past decade has done (a much better take on) this idea, and I always like their styling.

Maxwellll

Reaction score
That Alyx guys Givenchy collection are pretty ass cheeks.

Feels like a real lack of elegance in a lot of fashion now or am I just looking in the wrong places?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Feels like a real lack of elegance in a lot of fashion now or am I just looking in the wrong places?

I think Lemaire is elegant. But agree that elegance is an increasingly irrelevant concept in fashion nowadays.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Givenchy has been ass cheeks for a long time now, Claire Wright-Keller had some nice suiting, the flares etc. She was given the heave-ho quite suddenly, wonder why, lackluster sales?

jaaz16

Reaction score
"...Asobu Iwai rejects the baggy look for fitted jeans..."

FA326nnXEAQKIE5.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Trying to deal with a seller on Gr*iled, who not only changed the price in the middle of the buying process, but has now tripled the postage price on discovering - get this - that I live in the same province in the same country. Why do these people bother? It's not that I object to the price per se - it looked like a fair enough deal regardless - but now I don't trust them at all so I'm not minded to pay them anything.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Trying to deal with a seller on Gr*iled, who not only changed the price in the middle of the buying process, but has now tripled the postage price on discovering - get this - that I live in the same province in the same country. Why do these people bother? It's not that I object to the price per se - it looked like a fair enough deal regardless - but now I don't trust them at all so I'm not minded to pay them anything.
Trying to understand the logic Grailed sellers use will turn you into a madman.

So many of the users think their item is so rare and special that they can demand whatever they want. The secondary market is definitely not as strong as it was a few years ago, but people still act like it is.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I’ve just found out that apparently social media crashed for a couple hours?

As long as SF doesn’t crash cause this is the closest thing I have to social media

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve just found out that apparently social media crashed for a couple hours?

As long as SF doesn’t crash cause this is the closest thing I have to social media

I dont use Fb much these days but I do use Insta and WhatsApp and I found out by my whatsApp not loading.

That outage that they claim was a bad deploy cost 8billion dollars to Zuck, insane.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I dont use Fb much these days but I do use Insta and WhatsApp and I found out by my whatsApp not loading.

That outage that they claim was a bad deploy cost 8billion dollars to Zuck, insane.

…ouch

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads