• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are (I love a minimalist white sneaker), but I've steered clear of CP for a long time now. I understand the concept of the "luxury tax," but I always felt like they were not well made. I don't mind paying a premium for something that's desirable but I feel like it has to be well made. I don't know if anyone here has watched the Rose Anvil white sneaker series (or any of his cut in half videos), but the confirmed for me what I have long suspected...CP's leather and craftsmanship is worse than sneakers less than half the price. That said, Koio turns me off just because of the gigantic name on the back of them. I hate that on a design supposed to be simple

I don’t want to re-hash it all but it’s Just that nobody is buying them for the “quality”.
Nobody in the market for a pair of achilles is now going to go and buy Nicks Boots or whatever the f it is he mentions at the end.
“Quality” is a crapshoot anyway and can mean whatever you want it to mean.
CPs are the best at what they do and if that’s what you want then that’s what you’d buy, the appeal is the aesthetic and silhouette.
There is nothing wrong with the quality of CPs. I have been wearing sneakers from the brand for the last dozen plus years and have never had an issue.

Don’t waste your time or money screwing around with the CP knockoffs.

All of the above replies. CPs are overpriced but are not/have not been crap. They have definitely scaled since I first noticed them in 03 and I did receive a pair of Achilles with a bad paint job recently, but as far as I know that’s still the exception.

But CPs are also not for diehards of durability (has anyone actually replaced the sole on a pair of Visvim Folk sneakers? Or Henders, for that matter?)

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i only bought common projects because i like the look and still think most of the similar sneakers don't look quite the same. still wear them from time to time now almost 8-9 (10?) years later so i can't be too mad with the price / 'quality'

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of the above replies. CPs are overpriced but are not/have not been crap. They have definitely scaled since I first noticed them in 03 and I did receive a pair of Achilles with a bad paint job recently, but as far as I know that’s still the exception.

But CPs are also not for diehards of durability (has anyone actually replaced the sole on a pair of Visvim Folk sneakers? Or Henders, for that matter?)

I've replaced the sole on Hender Scheme sneaker. Although it was my first big boy purchase but at a whopping 75 percent discount so it was 220 bucks. Back then it was almost all I'd wear, honestly sometimes I wish I could go back to those simpler times.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've replaced the sole on Hender Scheme sneaker. Although it was my first big boy purchase but at a whopping 75 percent discount so it was 220 bucks. Back then it was almost all I'd wear, honestly sometimes I wish I could go back to those simpler times.

Pics of your used Henders or it didn't happen.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Confession time: I've never owned a full-length mirror (obviously).

Recommendations on full-length mirrors. Go.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had noticed that Reigning Champ was not restocking certain things. Do you think they will be going away too? I have not bought anything from Wing + Horn in a long time, but Reigning Champ are my favorite sweats and I often buy their sweats or robes as gifts.

hope not, both w+h and rc make good sweats and robes. But nothing beats Uniqlo’s $30 sweats ?

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hope not, both w+h and rc make good sweats and robes. But nothing beats Uniqlo’s $30 sweats ?
I've had a lot of sweatpants over the years (I don't really like pajamas, sweats are what I wear at home or to brunch hungover) and Uniqlo are a close second to RC. The price point for what you get is pretty hard to beat

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its interesting because I would replace the soles on a dress shoe, but never once have I considered resoling a sneaker. I imagine it would not be easy and prohibitively expensive

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads