• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure which thread to put this topic in.

I noticed that some folks respond to fit pics with, "No", "Nope", "I don't like <blah>", etc. This is absolutely fine, and it's their prerogative. Also, some posts deserve the snark.

However, it might be better to add more context like, "Hey, those textures don't work together," or "There's too much contrast," etc. This additional context:
  1. Can give meaningful feedback to the poster, and
  2. Others reading can learn from your perspective.
Just a thought.
I don't disagree, and the best place to put this might be in the WAYWT threads.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

This is out of my wheelhouse, but curious to see if anyone on here is into this sort of thing or if it's something they've noticed in their social circles

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Neighbors yards are full of stuff

Cacti line the side and backyard

Also cannabis in the backyard

I’ll get a whiff every now and then, my guess is the son and dad are enjoying a smoke

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I wasn't sure which thread to put this topic in.

I noticed that some folks respond to fit pics with, "No", "Nope", "I don't like <blah>", etc. This is absolutely fine, and it's their prerogative. Also, some posts deserve the snark.

However, it might be better to add more context like, "Hey, those textures don't work together," or "There's too much contrast," etc. This additional context:
  1. Can give meaningful feedback to the poster, and
  2. Others reading can learn from your perspective.
Just a thought.

No

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Maybe that message is meant to be hilarious, but, jokes aside, you're absolutely right: a feedback is useful and welcome only if well-grounded and respectful.

with all due respect, being well-grounded and respectful is your prerogative but 'tis inappropriate for me, the nanniest of all nannys and you can supercalifragilisticexpialideez nuts

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe that message is meant to be hilarious, but, jokes aside, you're absolutely right: a feedback is useful and welcome only if well-grounded and respectful.

Not necessarily.

No I will not elaborate.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is out of my wheelhouse, but curious to see if anyone on here is into this sort of thing or if it's something they've noticed in their social circles
My mom's been into weird, rare, and heritage seeds for years. That article is coastal grandma-core appropriation.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sure . fruit and native flowers . my gravenstein is budding rn it's 4 years in , I think we will get apples from it this year . incidentally in the case of something like fruit trees you aren't likely to be buying seeds you are typically getting a cutting / graft .

I don't quite get the impulse to frame out planting seeds as a consumerist thing . I guess it's an unfortunate writer's malady ? but I will collect seeds on hikes and buy specialty mixes . it's unlikely you will see something like calochortus in a domesticated setting but it's totally doable

casterofdreams

Reaction score
I’m sorry to ask but where did the Yohji thread go? I posted the other day asking if Y-3 was allowed and the whole thing is gone.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I remember coming to this place to have a drink pre-Covid with a friend. When I found out the place also had a tailoring shop, I was intrigued. I'm pretty sure it was the owner's son working at the time but I asked if they had any pictures of their suits so I can see their style/cut, the son very rudely told me no acting like I had committed some huge faux pas.

I'm not surprised to see this place struggling since both the bar and tailor have zero internet presence on top of the struggles mentioned in the article about parking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads