• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"If they'd be willing"
I've asked about a Pamola/Knox height version of the Dresden boot mocs, and Scott said there is no pattern for that boot to be made that tall. So it could take a little longer.

Don't ask if you are not ready to hear "yes" :)

I decided to jump in on the Brightons and did not need them to make a pattern for a 1 off, size 15 ultra tall Moc boot. *yet

I am infatuated with the comfort, fit and finish of Rancourt products AND incredibly appreciative of their decision to make a some test pairs in my size. So will be thinking on this.
Ugh. You're quite the bad influence! I don't NEED another pair, much less a one off extra tall pattern...
Or another non-shell boot, but all this Brighton talk is hard to ignore...

I'm thinking I might need to inquire about a navy shell boot rather than a longwing like I've been considering... that's an expensive Rancourt though!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Right now my pair of AE Daltons are the tallest boots I have. How much taller are these than the Daltons?
It FEELS taller, but I just checked. They're near as makes no difference the same height. :/ I might need that taller boot now! I've gotten so used to the HM, Liverpool, and Cronmok heights that I didn't realize my shelved Daltons are higher! The Bowery is a bit taller than the Rancourt, but being a zipper boot is much looser in the shaft

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now my pair of AE Daltons are the tallest boots I have. How much taller are these than the Daltons?

About an inch Difference

D32F0834-3404-418A-B114-85360A01FD11.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Huckberry Carolina Brown boots back from Rancourt repair. Frankly it looks like they just put a little brown shoe polish on them, still a bit mismatched as far as color goes, but maybe a bit better than they were to begin with. I think I am just going to have to live with them. Pix 1 - before repair, Pix 2 - after
IMG_3457.jpeg
IMG_3572.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My caramel shell belt arrived! I'm quite happy. I'll have to shorten it a bit (wearable now, just too far passed middle hole), but as I planned to convert it into a style that will allow me to swap between silver and gold tone buckles it's of little concern.

One thing of note, that's neither good nor bad, just different: Rancourt used full grain leather as the liner. This makes the belt thicker than others, such as my AE shell tabs.

20181103_120254.jpg

20181103_120832.jpg

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My caramel shell belt arrived! I'm quite happy. I'll have to shorten it a bit (wearable now, just too far passed middle hole), but as I planned to convert it into a style that will allow me to swap between silver and gold tone buckles it's of little concern.

One thing of note, that's neither good nor bad, just different: Rancourt used full grain leather as the liner. This makes the belt thicker than others, such as my AE shell tabs.

View attachment 1064864

View attachment 1064865

Looks great! I have considered pulling the trigger on one of those myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads