• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@wdahab
 caramel camp mocs sound like a winner!

@FrankCowperwood
, would take the right pair of pants to pull off those buckle loafers, that's a real particular look.

Good point. I do got a lotta trousers though. So I could approach the dilemma empirically. :)

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the chromepak soles from Rancourt? Considering a pair of Rangeley two eye mocs as a pair of summertime beaters but wondering if the soles will be impractical for running around outside with the kids.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admire the boots and your patriotic look. However, I think the laces would work better if you had the boots made Navy CXL, for example.
Thanks. I chose the boots first, and then the laces were an afterthought. I love the bison and would not enjoy the boots as much in CXL. They usually aren't so dark and glossy, only because I just cleaned them and brushed them with Saphir.

@Bakes11771 those look awesome.
Thanks Frank. Love them more than I ever could have imagined. Wear them daily. Super comfortable!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks.  I chose the boots first, and then the laces were an afterthought.  I love the bison and would not enjoy the boots as much in CXL.  They usually aren't so dark and glossy, only because I just cleaned them and brushed them with Saphir.

Thanks Frank.  Love them more than I ever could have imagined.  Wear them daily.  Super comfortable!

:slayer:

I'm going to have to clean mine up a little. They look good with that Saphir on them.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi all, just did a small 1 year review on my Natural CXL Beefrolls over on r/goodyearwelt and thought I would share some images here as well. Any questions let me know. Cheers.
Full album can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/kkgSs

Sounds as if they are really suiting you. They look great. I note that you've been happy with the leather sole. I wasn't with my now five year old beefrolls and they have an Aspen sole on them now. But the leather sole on two pairs of Blake boots has been fine. Don't know if the soles improved or if it's a loafer vs. boot thing. Anyway, can't say this thread reviving is doing anything for my efforts at clothing/shoe budgeting. I now have a list of four or five pairs of shoes I'd like to order from Rancourt. :facepalm:

Zachy

Reaction score
Sounds as if they are really suiting you. They look great. I note that you've been happy with the leather sole. I wasn't with my now five year old beefrolls and they have an Aspen sole on them now. But the leather sole on two pairs of Blake boots has been fine. Don't know if the soles improved or if it's a loafer vs. boot thing.

Anyway, can't say this thread reviving is doing anything for my efforts at clothing/shoe budgeting. I now have a list of four or five pairs of shoes I'd like to order from Rancourt.
facepalm.gif

Thank you sir, I am very fond of them. I suppose leather soles on loafers might not break in as nicely as they do with boots due to less support around your foot to make it flex, but this is only a guess. I put quite a few miles on these on concrete and other less than forgiving surfaces, which may be why the broke in so nicely. I've debated having them put something besides leather on them when I eventually send them away for a resole, but I imagine I will stick with leather as my experience has been positive so far.

That is the downside (or upside depending on how you look at it) of being exposed to so much great footwear. I try to keep a 'one in one out' system, but it hasn't been going that way lately.

MonkeyKing

Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone tell me the last used in the custom 5-eye handsewn boot? The Clymer uses the 800 and the other moc toe boots use 2592.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of people have asked questions about sizing, but how do Rancourt beefroll CXL loafers compare with OSB loafer sizing?

FWIW an 8.5D fits me very well in OSB, although I'm usually a 9E in most dress shoes (majority are Allen Edmonds). I would like to find a pair of Rancourt loafers that fit very similarly to my OSBs. Any experience with the two?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads