• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

arepaberry

Reaction score
I managed to take this one while waiting for my friends. Love these in navy. Any ideas on what sole should I put after these ones are gone? I think I'm gonna have to change this ones in two months or so with the current use.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shell will not stretch. I am a 9.5D on the brannock, that's what I ordered for my Blakes and they fit like a glove.

CXL stretches like crazy. Not sure what advice to give for cxl sizing in the context of blake boots, but for my cxl handsewns I always go down half a size. If the CXL is lined, it will not stretch as much as it would if it were unlined.

Careful following their sizing advice. They don't always know what they are talking about, and there have been a few occasions where I was glad that I didn't listen to them. Also, they lean towards sizing up, because you can wear a boot that is too big more easily than you can wear a boot that is too small. (at least that's my theory)

@wdahab and @FrankCowperwood also have knowledge relevant to your situation.

MattBernier

Reaction score

Aaaaand they have arrived. Neither words no photos do them justice - they are BEAUTIFUL. I'm in the middle of a move and at the moment I don't have the wherewithal to post anything more about them than a couple of very amateurish snaps, so here they are:
Holy Moses those look incredible. May we see them on?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to take this one while waiting for my friends. Love these in navy. Any ideas on what sole should I put after these ones are gone? I think I'm gonna have to change this ones in two months or so with the current use.

What sole do they currently have? Looks like camp moc sole?

I'd say aspen.

The natural or yellow would pop nicely against the navy.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wanted to share a pic of my color 8 beefrolls as they've broken in. I wear them exclusively without socks and they shell has moulded to the contours of my feet, to the point where they make a sucking sound when I take them off. One shoe is showing noticeably more red than the other. I was thinking of putting the browner one in a window for a few days.
The only issue I've had is Rancourt's crappy leather soles, similar to others' experience here.
What do folks think --- time to get them replaced or can I make it through another season of wear? I've only had them since April.
Those are some great looking beefrolls. I think Rancourt shell breaks in so nicely. Looks like you should get another season out of those soles. I believe there's a consensus here that Rancourt leather soles are lacking. But these don't look done yet.
Aaaaand they have arrived. Neither words no photos do them justice - they are BEAUTIFUL. I'm in the middle of a move and at the moment I don't have the wherewithal to post anything more about them than a couple of very amateurish snaps, so here they are:
Epic. Just epic. Glad they finally arrived safe and sound. Lined shell will not stretch. I went TTS for the pair of Blake boots I have.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you very much. Will unlined shell stretch? I also want to order some unlined too.

In my (limited) experience, you can get some stretch but only if you intentionally work at it, e.g. wearing around them house with thicker than normal socks or enduring some break-in pain.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My pair of unlined shell beefrolls from Rancourt have definitely stretched a bit in the forefoot. Nothinh extreme.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My right foot is a C width, what do you guys think would be the best option for shell sizing with Rancourt since they dont have a C. Grab a D width instead or just endure the break in pain until it can stretch enough?

David Midecem

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I think I'm all set. I just need to wait til Monday and contact Katie to complete my order! I'll let you guys know when they arrive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads