• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Garrister

Reaction score
Looking for some opinions: Would you guys wear Rancourt ranger mocs in natural CXL with khaki coloured chinos or would the colours generally be too close in shade? Thanks all!
Most would say you are perfectly fine with the natural with khaki colored pants. They would be right. I personally prefer (and wear) the Carolina brown in this context but that is just my preference.

Garrister

Reaction score
Weltline Penny Loafer in dark brown calf.
IMG_7063.JPG

Garrister

Reaction score
The Weltline loafer looks good !
I found to be helpful your previous post (s) comparing the fit characteristics of the Eastport to the Beefroll. If you don't mind, please comment about how the Weltline fits relative to your other Rancourt shoes.
I have relatively narrow heels. The Eastports in Bulldog leather were a dream for me because they were very tight out of the box. After a few wears, the leather molded into a perfect fit. I also wear the 800 lasted shoes like the Ranger Moc and Gilman, which also fit really well.

Rancourt's use of calf in the 114 runs slightly roomier (especially in the heel) -- a little bit like the CXL Beefrolls heel fit. I have tried two calf Rancourts (the Weltline and a special order Stitch Down) in the 114 and both ran a little large in the heel. So, my conclusion is that the difference in the heel is probably due to the calf leather being less pliable to work with during the lasting process. I surmise that the calf cannot be stretched as tightly around the last.

It's the kind of thing you need to try on because it really comes down to the size of your heel. A lot of people would like the extra room in the heel. I would recommend trying your brannock size to see if they work for you. I would not necessarily size down because the rest of the shoe fits well.

Last edited:

Luscombe

Reaction score
I cleaned a couple pairs of shoes today, gave them a treatment of VSC and then a sun bath.
The pair on the right are Ranger Mocs in the 10 oz, natural Virginia leather. They are more like a boot leather than shoe but I like the extra thickness. They are very sturdy and not quite broken in yet. They started out as very light a couple weeks ago and are developing a really nice color.

The boots are Whites Stevens Cap toe in natural Maryam horse hide. They are a year old and are also developing a nice color.

Attachments

• IMG_5257.jpeg
    IMG_5257.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 126

DG123

Reaction score
I have relatively narrow heels. The Eastports in Bulldog leather were a dream for me because they were very tight out of the box. After a few wears, the leather molded into a perfect fit. I also wear the 800 lasted shoes like the Ranger Moc and Gilman, which also fit really well.

Rancourt's use of calf in the 114 runs slightly roomier (especially in the heel) -- a little bit like the CXL Beefrolls heel fit. I have tried two calf Rancourts (the Weltline and a special order Stitch Down) in the 114 and both ran a little large in the heel.

Thanks for the helpful reply.
I do not own any Rancourt calf upper shoes but I do wear the Eastport, Pinch Penny, and Gilman Camp Moc models. Of these three the Eastport (Bulldog leather) is a bit snugger-better fit than the Pinch Penny or Gilman (both CXL uppers).
I did try the CXL Beefroll in multiple sizes/widths but could not get a satisfactory fit, so if the Weltline fit is similar it's not likely a model I would enjoy wearing.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when the latest round of crowdfunding orders (February) is supposed to ship? I can't remember. I thought it was early June but not sure and I don't see anything in my email confirmation.
I had forgotten what I ordered and had to check my order email. Just got shipment email this morning for Carolina brown ranger moccs.

roz77

Reaction score
Hold the phone, Rancourt has/can do a 3-eyelet model? I did not know this. That would slot in great with the Rancourt shoes that I already have (ranger moc, boat shoe, and camp moc).

Garrister

Reaction score
Hold the phone, Rancourt has/can do a 3-eyelet model? I did not know this. That would slot in great with the Rancourt shoes that I already have (ranger moc, boat shoe, and camp moc).
The 3-eye models are really great IMHO

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
What's the fit like on the Camden derbies?
I wear 8E on AE 65 last, 8D in my Higgins Mill, 8D Alden barrie last, 8D vintage florsheim.

Haven't bought Rancourt before but the brown cxl is calling to me as a casual shoe.

DG123

Reaction score
What's the fit like on the Camden derbies?
I wear 8E on AE 65 last, 8D in my Higgins Mill, 8D Alden barrie last, 8D vintage florsheim.

Haven't bought Rancourt before but the brown cxl is calling to me as a casual shoe.
Per the company website, Rancourt has in stock for at once shipment a Camden black color size 8D. For fit testing purposes I suggest ordering that pair . If the fit is good you may keep it or return at no cost for a pair of brown to be made for you.

Luscombe

Reaction score
FWIW, Rancourt will customize most any of their shoes, boots with what ever combination they have done, even if not offered as a standard make up.

You can even send them your leather and they will use it to make your shoes. My most comfortable Rancourt is a pair of Acadia's made with Horse butt I sent them, lined and a full sock insert on a RLH rally sole. They are my most favorite and comfortable Rancourt. You pay a custom order fee but no other manufacturer will make one off custom shoes/boots at these price points.

Yeah, really thinking hard on a 3 eye boat, carmel shell lined with rally natural sole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads