• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

star656

Reaction score
If anyone is interested...I am doing a pre-order for a custom makeup with Rancourt which is open for the next 4 days.

I went with the handstitched Harrison Boot made from Maryam Toscanello Horsebutt on the Reltex Lactae Hevea sole. It's $395 upfront which is the full price and includes shipping to the lower 48 states. Let me know if you have a questions!

Here are the boots brand new:
View attachment 1774153

And after wearing them very heavily in snow, salt and mud for several weeks:
View attachment 1774154
Looks fantastic, how did you treat these boots for the salt and snow? Any heavier wax protectant along the lower welt?

Did you have any actual salt stains you had to get out? If so, how?

Deusis

Reaction score
Looks fantastic, how did you treat these boots for the salt and snow? Any heavier wax protectant along the lower welt?

Did you have any actual salt stains you had to get out? If so, how?
I didn't treat them with anything. I just wore them as is for a good period of time and then just brushed and conditioned them with Bick4. I didn't end up with any salt stains either!

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't treat them with anything. I just wore them as is for a good period of time and then just brushed and conditioned them with Bick4. I didn't end up with any salt stains either!
These are awesome. Hate I missed seeing that order.

DG123

Reaction score
Is anyone able to get to the spring sale? I just keep getting a spinning wheel

I've tried email and telephone for nearly three weeks and am unable to reach any employee of Rancourt. For a company of its size, which I assume is annual sales revenues of between $ 10 and $12 million, it is remarkable that the company does not have a telephone receptionist and, or someone who answers email inquiries.
Regarding the current sale, I believe it appeared within the past couple of days but as you wrote, the link for me only engages a spinning wheel.

Garrister

Reaction score
I've tried email and telephone for nearly three weeks and am unable to reach any employee of Rancourt. For a company of its size, which I assume is annual sales revenues of between $ 10 and $12 million, it is remarkable that the company does not have a telephone receptionist and, or someone who answers email inquiries.
Regarding the current sale, I believe it appeared within the past couple of days but as you wrote, the link for me only engages a spinning wheel.
I had a question on a shipping delay recently and submitted a question directly through my account on the website. I received a response the next day. Maybe give that a try. But, yes, it is a small company.

On the spinning wheel, I deleted my Rancourt cookies on my browser and then revisited the site in order to get to the sale.

Luscombe

Reaction score
I had a question on a shipping delay recently and submitted a question directly through my account on the website. I received a response the next day. Maybe give that a try. But, yes, it is a small company.

On the spinning wheel, I deleted my Rancourt cookies on my browser and then revisited the site in order to get to the sale.
Something is goofy on their website. I placed an order last night on the spring sale and received a confirmation. When I just checked the status of the funding for the shoe I ordered, it said "0" had been funded. Looks like they are all "0's".

Usually, these are funded quickly and some models sell out in just a few days.
If you are on the bubble, just do it! This is an awesome value and will allow you to experiment with sizes and styles.at less than full price. I dialed my fit in through these sales. I regret delaying on the Harrison Redux and it sold out.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am on the bubble due to a sizing question. I’m an 11.5 in LL Bean’s camp Moc blucher and same in Vans Authentics, though I’m often a 12 in other shoes. What size for the Rancourt Ranger please? From my perusal of the thread, seems they run a touch long and I’d be an 11.5? Thanks for any help.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m going to start a deep dive on this thread as I’m probably going to order the pinch pennies on sale, but I’ll ask upfront: I’d sizing close to Brannock?

Garrister

Reaction score
I am on the bubble due to a sizing question. I’m an 11.5 in LL Bean’s camp Moc blucher and same in Vans Authentics, though I’m often a 12 in other shoes. What size for the Rancourt Ranger please? From my perusal of the thread, seems they run a touch long and I’d be an 11.5? Thanks for any help.
Rancourt generally runs true to size off your brannock sizing. Some people size down with CXL because it will stretch. I think a good place to start is with your brannock size. If you do not know it, Rancourt used to have a sizing chart you could print off through their website. That is all I can offer you as I do not know about the LL Bean or Vans.

Garrister

Reaction score
Something is goofy on their website. I placed an order last night on the spring sale and received a confirmation. When I just checked the status of the funding for the shoe I ordered, it said "0" had been funded. Looks like they are all "0's".

Usually, these are funded quickly and some models sell out in just a few days.
If you are on the bubble, just do it! This is an awesome value and will allow you to experiment with sizes and styles.at less than full price. I dialed my fit in through these sales. I regret delaying on the Harrison Redux and it sold out.
I do not know what direction to go. Too many options. Do I buy something new or buy a backup pair of something I already have -- when I like something I like to get multiple pairs. Decisions, decisions...

Luscombe

Reaction score
I do not know what direction to go. Too many options. Do I buy something new or buy a backup pair of something I already have -- when I like something I like to get multiple pairs. Decisions, decisions...
I use the sales to try out different styles. First I confirmed my size and now that I know it, am able to explore the different styles. This sale I am trying the Camden Derby's.

Biggest surprise for me was the Acadia's. They are my favorite Rancourt. Bought a pair and liked them so much I had a custom pair made with Horse Butt and the Rally Sole. Super comfy. Not sure that would have happened if I had not taken a chance during the sale. Just saying....

bruc

Reaction score
Luscombe

Re lining

Did you get any ranger mocs lined?
Does the lining add structure to the style shoe?
Does the lining affect what size to order?

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m going to start a deep dive on this thread as I’m probably going to order the pinch pennies on sale, but I’ll ask upfront: I’d sizing close to Brannock?
I take my brannock size in anything laced like my ranger mocks, but I have to size down a half size for loafers or else I have way too much heel slippage.

Radboots

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of Carolina Brown beefrolls with the LH sole. Love the squish - very comfy.

Also have a followup question re sizing - tried this in 11 EE with the leather sole and while it was comfy in width already, the heel was pretty loose. Moved to 10.5 EE for the LH soles and the length feels great but there’s definitely a little toe bulge in my big and pinky toe medially and laterally.

Rancourt says to buy these to stretch - but should I be concerned about it deforming in a weird way given that it’s mostly toes? I had a similar issue with my Sperrys but they look normal (other than stretched in width).

Are the other loafers sized differently? was considering one of the spring sale ones with a little more dressy look given these are more casual especially with the LH sole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads