• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph's Preview Sale

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I bought a pair of these Andando Oxfords in brown calf:

pPOLO2-5104847_standard_v330.jpg

for $252 + tax.
smile.gif

Anyone know how how good the quality is / what other brands do they compare to?

These are italian made if i'm not mistaken. They're worth the $252, i have a pair of brouged captoes that I've worn for over a year now and they still look brand new (just starting to wear through the leather facing on the sole.

Just bought the italian made suede tassels last week and they're sweeeet.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
The two paper mailings and the e-mail I received stated 40+15 for all stores, so it seems odd that you were told 30+15.

online, black label is 40+15, while polo is 30+15...

fence28

Reaction score
So, I stopped by the RL store in Atl Lenox. None of their EG shoes was on sale. Though there was a couple of cordovan shoes on sale. I didn't look too closely who the makers were. Interestingly enough, I found a suede single monk strap with Made in England shoe on sale. It had a small gold buckle with elongated last. What surprised me was the bevelled waist and nail pattern of G&G. It was going for 6XX.XX with discount and tax.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fence28
So, I stopped by the RL store in Atl Lenox. None of their EG shoes was on sale. Though there was a couple of cordovan shoes on sale. I didn't look too closely who the makers were. Interestingly enough, I found a suede single monk strap with Made in England shoe on sale. It had a small gold buckle with elongated last. What surprised me was the bevelled waist and nail pattern of G&G. It was going for 6XX.XX with discount and tax.

Are you sure it is not EG? I remember RL had a pair,I forget the name,from EG that fits your description.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the EG for RLPL model you are describing is the Hewitt.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
I believe the EG for RLPL model you are describing is the Hewitt.

+1,RL had bunch of them at $250 last year,I still kick myself for not being able to get couple of pairs. There were the loafers, Hewitt and Mackays.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool. definitely G&G. Looks like the TG73 last. Good price for G&G's.
Originally Posted by forex
+1,RL had bunch of them at $250 last year,I still kick myself for not being able to get couple of pairs. There were the loafers, Hewitt and Mackays.
Same here, I went in thinking I would get a pair of suede Mackays at that price (although I remember it being a bit higher). I tried them on but didn't like them nearly as much as my calf version so I passed. They had a pair of the Hewitts right next to them but I didn't try them on. I had thought they were on the 89 last so I dismissed them as I have a narrow foot. A few days later I read that the new version RL stocked last winter, the Hewitt IIs, were on the 888. Doh! At that point I think the sale had ended so I missed out.

abcx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mujib
Is this 40% + 15% off the "private sale" prices in red?

You wish.

BTW, anyone else find it comical that a "Private" sale is advertised in big letters when you go to their home page?

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wish they had more inventory in my size. even before the private sales, most of the suits ran out of the smaller sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads