• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
found a few Rugby 1 of 1 sample jackets at yesterday's sample sale. if anyone's interested in seeing them, i posted them in my B&S thread.

Last edited:

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rugby Thompson, i feel like i'll be kicking myself down the line for that jacket. that wool blanket they did was amazing too and i waited until it was too late!

momanny

Reaction score
Guys,

In the months leading the Rugby store closure, I bought ALOT of Rugby pieces in size medium/large that are still brand new. Not looking to unload them at a substantial markup so if anyone is interested, PM me and I can send you a rough estimate of what I have. I have the polos, jackets, sweaters [lots], and loads of accessories.

momanny

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got quite a few responses via PM. So I went ahead and charted the list of just about everything I had. I have to update sizes but that's just to give you a run down. Its 90% of what I am looking to unload.

Here's a link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1RfGdQFEdb9aGpxb0NSRWQ5blk/edit?usp=sharing

NOTE: The link only shows a preview mode. You have to download the pdf to see the items properly. If you don't then the colors will look grainy. You can download the pdf by going to "file" and then "download"

Law school finals is about to kick off soon so I'm not on here as often. Thus, please email me instead of sending a PM.

Also, if anyone knows a good pdf host instead of me using my personal gmail account I would appreciate it.

Blakout144

Reaction score
also i have this for trade(for the cardigan above) or sale nwt (never worn) even still have the box, its a large btw

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im having serious rugby university chino withdrawal...i could find similar options for twice the price but I cant justify it...anyone found thick material that holds up similar to the university chinos for less then 100 and is still slim? Im looking for something in olive.

Could go save khaki or ball and buck but both are around 150.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im having serious rugby university chino withdrawal...i could find similar options for twice the price but I cant justify it...anyone found thick material that holds up similar to the university chinos for less then 100 and is still slim? Im looking for something in olive.

Could go save khaki or ball and buck but both are around 150.

I've moved on to Gant Rugger's Chinos. I love these, but a bit more modern than preppy maybe. Got them on sale for <$100, and were the 'Hugger' fit.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've moved on to Gant Rugger's Chinos. I love these, but a bit more modern than preppy maybe. Got them on sale for <$100, and were the 'Hugger' fit.

Thanks Saturday's im on their email list and there is one on newbury st in boston so maybe ill pop in the next week or so to see what they have on sale.

You found they fit similarly? I feel like the university chino was perfect in the thigh for me and loved how they tappered...this is pre 2012 university chino where they changed the fit slightly.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fortunately I still have 5 pair of chinos in basic colours unworn with tags, very difficult to find an alternative today at the same price/quality ratio...

Talking of Gant Rugger, I thought it could replace Rugby but for what I've experienced some products are nice, others, like blazers are very crappy.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Saturday's im on their email list and there is one on newbury st in boston so maybe ill pop in the next week or so to see what they have on sale.

You found they fit similarly? I feel like the university chino was perfect in the thigh for me and loved how they tappered...this is pre 2012 university chino where they changed the fit slightly.

It didn't fit the same in the thighs, but I bet the non-hugger fit khakis will fit better in that department

momanny

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got quite a few responses via PM. So I went ahead and charted the list of just about everything I had. I have to update sizes but that's just to give you a run down. Its 90% of what I am looking to unload.

EDIT: Link.

Law school finals is about to kick off soon so I'm not on here as often. Thus, please email me instead of sending a PM.

Also, if anyone knows a good pdf host instead of me using my personal gmail account I would appreciate it.

Updated list: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1RfGdQFEdb9N1ZFVnZMTXZ2R3c/edit?usp=sharing

- Note: Google opens up a preview version of the pdf, which distorts the graphics. To see all of the items clearly - download the pdf by hitting "Ctrl+S" or use the "File" and then "Download" function. Thanks, guys.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads