• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah received first part of order including the leather slider belt. i saw it in the bleeker store on a mannequin and it didnt look that thin width wise but at home trying it on, i dont think i will ever wear it -___- guess it will go back

still waiting on shetland sweater in light grey, snowflake and a custom patch with bulldog (gtown steeze). snowflake will prolly go back if i cant get rid of that patch.

also got the cufflink/tie bar gift set, the gold and silver brass collar pins, and grabbed the velvet slippers. the slippers may need to go back cuz saturdays is an enabler

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah received first part of order including the leather slider belt. i saw it in the bleeker store on a mannequin and it didnt look that thin width wise but at home trying it on, i dont think i will ever wear it -___- guess it will go back
still waiting on shetland sweater in light grey, snowflake and a custom patch with bulldog (gtown steeze). snowflake will prolly go back if i cant get rid of that patch.
also got the cufflink/tie bar gift set, the gold and silver brass collar pins, and grabbed the velvet slippers. the slippers may need to go back cuz saturdays is an enabler

:)

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm I hope I like the slider belt more than you do, I've been eyeing one for a while.

RKD you might need to show me how you put a collar pin on, I can't for the life of me. Now the tab-collars on the dress oxfords are really nice, does the job the collar pin is suposed to - however the collar pin adds a nice touch

marin20

Reaction score
I need a topcoat to wear over a slim fitting suit -- never worn one before, but have a jcrew peacoat in xs, that fits me just right when I'm wearing a light sweater underneath. But of course my suit is totally uncomfortable underneath the peacoat.

Never worn Rugby before, and wondering if their Chesterfield xs will fit similar to the jcrew peacoat. Never tried jcrew's topcoats, since they are all listed as 36 instead of xs, and I have a 34 chest, broad shoulders but slim waist, and slim overall.

Does anyone have experience with both? If so, have folks found Rugby's topcoat xs is the same as Jcrew's topcoat 36? Or that Rugby is a trimmer fit?

iatrogenic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

getting ready to buy some stuff including a navy blazer. What is the difference between the 2 navy blazers on the site now. One of them is made in the USA and other is "imported". Which do you prefer and why?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I need a topcoat to wear over a slim fitting suit -- never worn one before, but have a jcrew peacoat in xs, that fits me just right when I'm wearing a light sweater underneath. But of course my suit is totally uncomfortable underneath the peacoat.

Never worn Rugby before, and wondering if their Chesterfield xs will fit similar to the jcrew peacoat. Never tried jcrew's topcoats, since they are all listed as 36 instead of xs, and I have a 34 chest, broad shoulders but slim waist, and slim overall.

Does anyone have experience with both? If so, have folks found Rugby's topcoat xs is the same as Jcrew's topcoat 36? Or that Rugby is a trimmer fit?
Rugby XS is generally slimmer, but with overcoats they always leave a tad extra room, in my experience, for proper suiting. an XS fits well over a 36, a S fits well over a 38.

Jpreme87

Reaction score
Got the shetland shawl collar cardigan in yellow....definitely a nice piece !!

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a couple from yesterday:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice vest, is it from this season? Fits true to size?
Thanks

I think I purchased this about 2 years ago, I'm sure it'll make a reappearance eventually. I can't even remember if its marked 36/38 or XS/S. I'll have to check at home, but it fits well.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice pics sat!

i received the snowflake along with a bunch of other stuff. the snowflake is thicker then i expected and is a nice pattern/design. i like the roll top collar. it is a bit scratchy but i wasnt expecting much plus its only rugby

great thing is the vermont patch is EASILY removable. :slayer:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nice pics sat!
i received the snowflake along with a bunch of other stuff. the snowflake is thicker then i expected and is a nice pattern/design. i like the roll top collar. it is a bit scratchy but i wasnt expecting much plus its only rugby
great thing is the vermont patch is EASILY removable. :slayer:

glad to hear.

I got my stuff today as well. The Shetland Crewneck does pill if you pull rather hard on it, its pretty damn soft.

The Down Jacket I got is great, I think I'll be warm as an oven this winter.

I am a bit on the fence about the messenger bag, I sort of like it, but wish it was more structured/sturdy on the briefcase side. Also my 15" MBP barely fits in it, my work laptop however doesn't have an issue fitting.

The engine turn buckle is great, I should've maybe gotten a Sz 30, but the 28 fits perfectly with enough leather to not have the tail end dangle around, although I did not realize it was so thin...

Sport Shirts/Dress Shirts as expected. Fit well, OCBD with no logos is great, can never have enough white ocbds

The only thing I'm considering returning is the messenger bag, which honestly was cheap enough as it is, and I can get used to it...

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
randomkoreanknt, can u please upload pics of snowflake jacket? Mine is yet to come but i can't wait Have u removed the patch yet brah?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads