• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about matching

indieprep

Reaction score
If I wear very light cream corduroys with black chelsea boots (rubber sole, although not clunky), a black leather belt and a dark button down or polo shirt, is it bad?

indieprep

Reaction score

Doesn't 'sound' good, but pics for a proper critique.

indieprep

Reaction score

Sorry to say, but I vote no. You need to get those trousers hemmed up; they're simply too long.

I know they're too long. Had them for years, the ppl who hemmed them at the store got them too long, even after I've told them I prefer my trousers with no break.as for the colour palette, it's just something a lot of relatives do and I ended up following them. I prefer to match black boots/shoes with charcoal trousers (I never wear black trousers/suits, it looks cheap). Hate the navy clothes/black footwear combo though. Anyway, I must find some time to get these trousers to the tailor, at least they're not dragging on the floor LoL.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black and cream do not go together well at all. Really, the entire outfit looks like a mess. Switch to gray chinos or slacks (corduroy in this weather is weird anyway), or keep the pants but switch to brown shoes and belt. And a shirt that isn't black.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looks like there's enough material in those trouser legs to have them recut into two pairs. Not a good look at all. Sorry.

indieprep

Reaction score

Black and cream do not go together well at all. Really, the entire outfit looks like a mess. Switch to gray chinos or slacks (corduroy in this weather is weird anyway), or keep the pants but switch to brown shoes and belt. And a shirt that isn't black.

I'm currently studying in the South hemisphere, hence the colder climate fabrics. It's winter down here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads