• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pull this hair off?

mr.loverman

Reaction score
alright so i'm a junior in college. i don't live in particularly fashionable city so i'm not too concerned with super trendy stuff. the scene is more surfer/skater/red neck than anything.

i want to indluge myself and grow my hair out while i'm young. the past few cuts have been buzzes that i did myself and im bored to hell with that.

i was thinking of the val kilmer look from heat. my face actually looks a lot like val kilmer's except slightly more slim. the only pictures i could find were from the scene where he's shooting and his hair is fucked up but i think it pretty damn cool. if you guys have seen the movie you'll have an idea of the length/style.

also i think jeff bridges also wears long hair really well .

right now my is dirty blond with natural sun highlights and its growing out. it looks kind of like the douchey spencer pratt guys hair from the Hills. slightly less bouffant looking. if thats my starting point, how do i get to the val kilmer, jeff bridges look.

i'd like to hear some tips and encouragement from others who have grown their hair out in the past. how do i do it right? i want it to be healthy and lustrous.

i want it to look cool. kind of project the wildman energy but still look stylish. definitely not hippy or homeless.

sam

Reaction score
My hair's about as long as that. Keep in mind, depending on the texture of your hair, there may be a certain amount of upkeep involved. Like you can't just wash and go. For instance, I have to blow dry my hair, lest I end up with a nappy Jewish 'fro.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you going to be back here in a year, asking about your first suit for interviews?
smile.gif
Your hair will grow about five inches in the next twelve months, which might be long enough to pull off that look, but it would be a shame to go through all the maintenance just to realize that you've got to go back to the spencer.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's how long I want to grow my hair out but I don't think my hair will stay like that naturally. I have thick hair and it doesn't lay down flat :/

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of sun exposure isn't good for hair health. You can improve its health through dietary means, such as fish oil and vitamins and minerals. If you start on that now, by the time it's long enough, it should look "healthy and lustrous."

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sam
I have to blow dry my hair, lest I end up with a nappy Jewish 'fro.
It's called a jewfro
YG2_170_jewfro2_off.jpg

impass101

Reaction score
How can I attain the jewfro? I have straight hair at the moment and I'm lusting after that hot fro.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impass101
How can I attain the jewfro? I have straight hair at the moment and I'm lusting after that hot fro.

You can start by looking for a good mohel in your area

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads