• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA tan ralph lauren captoe deals!!

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
That is interesting. Did Yoox ever even try selling these shoes at $300 or $200 or even $150? If not, why would they jump all the way down to $79? Is it just a simple case of not knowing what they had? They could have easily tripled their profits and still unloaded them all.
Surgeon General's Warning: Questioning Yoox's pricing scheme is hazardous to your health. It will never make sense.

oaw01

Reaction score
I received my stantons today - sz 9. It runs small like the other RL shoes made in Italy.
Hell, I like it. It's a great deal for $69. It's lighter than I would want it so I'll darken it with shoe creme.

Buster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
I received my stantons today - sz 9. It runs small like the other RL shoes made in Italy.
Hell, I like it. It's a great deal for $69. It's lighter than I would want it so I'll darken it with shoe creme.

I received mine as well - sz 8. They run maybe just a little small. I am 8 on AE, and these fit (snug, but) perfect. I found them to be darker than in the pics.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver
Guys, I cant sell these at $79. After shipping and paypal fees I would be losing money.

I have offers @ $200 currently.

Wow ... $200+ ... sounds like someone could have easily made a killing by loading up the cart w/ these shoes (although Yoox only lets you buy two per order). I didn't think someone here would pay $200+ ... after shipping fees that's still over 100% profit
bigstar[1].gif

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
Wow ... $200+ ... sounds like someone could have easily made a killing by loading up the cart w/ these shoes (although Yoox only lets you buy two per order). I didn't think someone here would pay $200+ ... after shipping fees that's still over 100% profit
bigstar[1].gif

$200 is rather cheap considering a comparable c&j benchgrade from a discounter like pediwear will run you $450 without shipping.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
That is interesting. Did Yoox ever even try selling these shoes at $300 or $200 or even $150? If not, why would they jump all the way down to $79? Is it just a simple case of not knowing what they had? They could have easily tripled their profits and still unloaded them all.

Maybe they just needed to clear these out fast. A lot of us are cheap and I wouldn't have bounced on them if it hadn't been for the price. If they were $150 I would have been hesitant and at $170 or more I would have passed.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you are looking for a brown captoe, then 200 is still a good deal. most people here probably dont need a brown captoe, and would jump on one at 79, but at 200 it would just be adding another one to the pile

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver
$200 is rather cheap considering a comparable c&j benchgrade from a discounter like pediwear will run you $450 without shipping.

Were these shoes C&J benchgrade?

Maybe they just needed to clear these out fast. A lot of us are cheap and I wouldn't have bounced on them if it hadn't been for the price. If they were $150 I would have been hesitant and at $170 or more I would have passed.
Same here. Especially since I am not sure who made them

if you are looking for a brown captoe, then 200 is still a good deal. most people here probably dont need a brown captoe, and would jump on one at 79, but at 200 it would just be adding another one to the pile
Oh no doubt, $79 is just silly, especially for reselling purposes. I wouldn't pay the $200 knowing that they were $79 a day ago and knowing that I missed the deal by going to bed early. It would be adding salt to my wounds!

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
Were these shoes C&J benchgrade?

benchgrade, at least. maybe handgrade. full leather lining, which is something ive only see on the most expensive of shoes

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you got the Tellmans, man you lucked out. good job.

Stantons (MII) are a decent deal but remember these were all over ebay at $149 for months.

Flimsychicken

Reaction score
I'm sad I missed out on all of this.

If someone has the Tellman in 8.5D that they are looking to unload, PM me.

Dr.Teatime

Reaction score
+1
Sad to have snoozed and lost
i'm looking for one in 8D... drop me a line if theres one to be had

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads