• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA — $210 Grenson Masterpiece at PaulStuart.com

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a PSA. PaulStuart.com has two models of Grenson Masterpiece on sale for $210. One is a black captoe balmoral, the other is a cognac captoe balmoral. I am positive these are deadstock from about 15 years ago, and the depressed “retail” price on the website reflects that. They have a number of sizes, but most are in non-D widths (B, C, E, and EE). I picked up the 11B about two weeks ago, when it was $270. They do have an 8D available as of right now.

Although deadstock, the leather seems to be in perfect condition on the pair I bought.

https://www.paulstuart.com/the-disraeli-cap-toe.html

https://www.paulstuart.com/the-desralli-cap-toe.html

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a PSA. PaulStuart.com has two models of Grenson Masterpiece on sale for $210. One is a black captoe balmoral, the other is a cognac captoe balmoral. I am positive these are deadstock from about 15 years ago, and the depressed “retail” price on the website reflects that. They have a number of sizes, but most are in non-D widths (B, C, E, and EE). I picked up the 11B about two weeks ago, when it was $270. They do have an 8D available as of right now.

Although deadstock, the leather seems to be in perfect condition on the pair I bought.

https://www.paulstuart.com/the-disraeli-cap-toe.html

https://www.paulstuart.com/the-desralli-cap-toe.html

Wow, those are beautiful shoes, and for a staple like a captoe, doubt one would ever beat that price for that level of construction. I have a couple pairs of the Masterpiece from almost 10 years ago now, and they are just amazing. None in my size, but I'd have definitely jumped on them if they did. Very good PSA!

ranchsooner

Reaction score
A8B616F6-69EA-4E77-84ED-A83ECA694EC9.png
Any idea who makes this for PS?

kbuzz

Reaction score
I also have two pairs from about 15 years ago. They are outstanding. As good if not better than the Edward green pair I have

steezy

Reaction score
The two Disraeli cap-toes mention fits true to US sizing. Anyone have any experience roughly comparing sizing to Allen Edmonds?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They aren’t dead stock. They’ve had those models for a long time.

Before you order, keep in mind that they may offer a 20% off sale items promo soon. I think they did that last year.

Great prices.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The two Disraeli cap-toes mention fits true to US sizing. Anyone have any experience roughly comparing sizing
They aren’t dead stock. They’ve had those models for a long time.

Before you order, keep in mind that they may offer a 20% off sale items promo soon. I think they did that last year.

Great prices.

I haven’t seen Grenson Masterpiece at PS since 2006 — though I only access the online store. I will look again at the box mine came in, but it was definitely a bit ragged.

thesartorialistbanker

Reaction score
How does D width fit in these Grensons? They have my size in D fitting and I wonder if it’s a regular width. Or is E the regular width? I’d appreciate your advice as I am about to pull a trigger on these. They are a steal. I already got a pair of boots on Paul Stuart sale this season. I paid $217 for shoes originally priced at $599...

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does D width fit in these Grensons? They have my size in D fitting and I wonder if it’s a regular width. Or is E the regular width? I’d appreciate your advice as I am about to pull a trigger on these. They are a steal. I already got a pair of boots on Paul Stuart sale this season. I paid $217 for shoes originally priced at $599...

My understanding is that they're US 'D' (or UK 'E'). That is, standard width.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen them and they are great shoes. Unfortunately the only one they had in my size was the cap toe but I prefer a little more modern last as it's on a classic round toe.

From my experience, I've always found the GMP at PS narrow for me. YMMV but this has been consistent with the 5-6 pairs I've owned in the past 10 years. These in standard D may not work if you have normal to wide feet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads