• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post SF Tumblr's

Adarael

Reaction score
Because now is the time to take your ball and go home.

Seriously, I understand that Vox has a lotta love, but his behavior across the entirety of the forum has always struck me as incredibly petulant and childish. It's his choice and he can delete whatever the hell he wants, but the constant deletion of posts, removal of pictures, and stealth editing of threads seriously undermines anyone's ability to engage in a conversation if he's in it.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

I can understand why he quit this forum, but why erase his entire blog as well?

Can't really answer that, though I think the two go hand-in-hand.

There's a delicate balance here, at least in my mind. You need to care enough about something to keep coming back; to keep generating content; to keep the fire alive; to keep yourself satisfied. However, with this investment comes the realization that you care a great deal about what you are doing. For some that is the whole point. For others, you realize that you are allowing strangers on the internet and the associated confines to affect your mood (for better or for worse). Just like your local sports team losing a game shouldn't wreck your day, you shouldn't be completely frustrated by matters outside your control. And when you try to regain control and find that you cannot, this only heightens your realization that you're too invested in something that's not giving you a lot back.

Realize that aside from all the likes and reblogs, outside of the praise and deification that he received, there was really no payout for Vox to keep doing what he was doing. And, again, once you realize that you are going to great measures to appease people and impress strangers, there's a whole other realization that deriving satisfaction or bewilderment from anonymous ego stroking is completely absurd.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought he wrote his blog because it was a satisfying activity for him - it certainly looked so - but if it wasn't, and it generates more frustration than satisfaction, then yes, there's no point in keeping it going. It will be missed though
smile.gif

Last edited:

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Vox'll be back somewhere - I always enjoyed hearing what he had to say. I figured he disappeared the first time because someone I.D.'d him - he had dropped some clues here and there over the years that could have probably been used to figure out who he was. Id guess this is also the reasons he deleted most of his posts.

The first time he vanished I figured someone started bothering him outside the confines of SF. Maybe that happened again - I can see how it might interfere with his Bilderderg Group and Trilateral Commission work (oh ****, I just gave away another secret!)

I know similar issues (or simply annoyance with getting 20,000 of the same questions over and over) have driven others away. It's too bad - the "old guard" here was something special. Even the insufferable assholes sometimes had interesting stuff to share.

Last edited:

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Vox's fits, but his attitude is a bit childish--especially, for a grown man. If he's just got bored he, then it's fine, if he leaves, but, if it's because he's 'better' than us, then he needs to grow up.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I like Vox's fits, but his attitude is a bit childish--especially, for a grown man. If he's just got bored he, then it's fine, if he leaves, but, if it's because he's 'better' than us, then he needs to grow up.

I like Vox, and I think it's sad that he left. His style is impeccable and some of his written contributions to this forum are unparallelled in quality.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Vox reactivated his Tumblr. Whoever in this threak was responsible for sacrificing a goat upon his return might want to get on that.

uniesse

Reaction score

Because now is the time to take your ball and go home.

Seriously, I understand that Vox has a lotta love, but his behavior across the entirety of the forum has always struck me as incredibly petulant and childish. It's his choice and he can delete whatever the hell he wants, but the constant deletion of posts, removal of pictures, and stealth editing of threads seriously undermines anyone's ability to engage in a conversation if he's in it.

Who cares? He is ******* awesome.

Deal.

benjclark

Reaction score
I load up the queue and go, so there's a post every day for most of mine --

SF Related:
Things that should be pocket squares: http://pocket-square-inspiration.tumblr.com/

Random things, usually vintage, of a gentleman's interest: http://gentlemansaccoutrements.tumblr.com/

Starting a new one of just emblematic ties. Stole the name from a thread over at the AAAC forum: http://emblematic-embrace.tumblr.com/

Non-SF Related:
Jeep Wagoneers: http://jeep-wagoneers.tumblr.com/ (lots of likes and reblogs, but not a lot of followers)

Library Ink Stamps: http://libraryinkstamps.tumblr.com/ (seriously, this has 94 followers!)

A bite out of time: http://biteoutoftime.tumblr.com/ (pictures of very old food) -- as a museum guy, I occasionally get to see really weird things, and this includes incredibly old food, or what had once been food. This tumblr has only a few images, but is still one of my favorites.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads