• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Warehouse Dubbleworks 660 - slubby, fuzzy and sweet. Dozen wears. More fast faders.

DSCN1865_501.jpg

What's the fit of these jeans? I've always thought Warehouse looked pretty awesome and the texture of that denim looks great.

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
fit pics on samurai black knights, need to hem an inch or so, sized down 2.
these are fully shrunk. cold soaked, hot soaked, than drier action
4258251349_363fefb737.jpg

I could BARELY button them all the way in the store, did a cold soak, and a hot soak and tumble dry last night, lost an inch in the inseam, waist is fine. basically my rule for samurai is slim fit = size down 2.

Seriously? These are STF right? And you could barely do them up in store? I know what you're doing with your jeans and all, and Sammies do stretch, but that just sounds torturous to me. They look great though, I really wanted a pair of the BKs.

I need to wear my S5000BKs more, but I sized them like you did, though not on purpose, and they're a bit too tight, even after over a year.

Love that FH tee too, I wish Kiya would put up the plain FH loop wheeled tees online

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
**** those momos have some wiiiiide selvedge
They don't usually. Had them tapered from just under 8" l.o. to 7.5"
Originally Posted by Listi
What's the fit of these jeans? I've always thought Warehouse looked pretty awesome and the texture of that denim looks great.
They're a lot like the Skull fit. Somewhere between the 5507 and 5010 cut. Slimmer than 5507, but not tight like the 5010. Slim top block, but not tight like the Skull. Slim tapered leg. Overall a slim fit but 'slim' the way you imagine a good, non-statement 'basic' pair of jeans should be (but with the stealth factor of amazing denim). Denim just has the craziest personality. It's a bit like the PBK slub, but less extreme.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lachy
Seriously? These are STF right? And you could barely do them up in store? I know what you're doing with your jeans and all, and Sammies do stretch, but that just sounds torturous to me. They look great though, I really wanted a pair of the BKs.

I need to wear my S5000BKs more, but I sized them like you did, though not on purpose, and they're a bit too tight, even after over a year.

Love that FH tee too, I wish Kiya would put up the plain FH loop wheeled tees online

on the 3 pairs of samurai's i own, i'm confident these will stretch like crazy.

Lachy

Reaction score
Oh, I don't doubt your expertise or experience in the denims. Your results speak for themselves. How do you like the fit on them? Compared to your tapered S5000BKs?

bye4now122

Reaction score
They don't usually. Had them tapered from just under 8" l.o. to 7.5" They're a lot like the Skull fit. Somewhere between the 5507 and 5010 cut. Slimmer than 5507, but not tight like the 5010. Slim top block, but not tight like the Skull. Slim tapered leg. Overall a slim fit but 'slim' the way you imagine a good, non-statement 'basic' pair of jeans should be (but with the stealth factor of amazing denim). Denim just has the craziest personality. It's a bit like the PBK slub, but less extreme.
Warehouse 660's are unbelievable I did the SuFu contest and ******* loved mine. They turned out so well too

bye4now122

Reaction score
110...My picture turned out terribly because I took it indoors but this is the one BiG has on their website
660_2q1t8jt_web.jpg
These jeans are ******* great. They're perfect on me because I have a bigger top block and waist but wanted a slim straight cut, and they fade so well. Here's a fit pic of mine, probably 5 months in (looking into the sun at 6AM)...
4sk2dv.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was always scared to check this thread but thankfully there are a lot less ass and crotch shots then I thought there was going to be.

Alec_Jan

Reaction score
No rep yet - all new ****, but had the pics active this morning...

FH BSP (head-to-head jeans with Mistral), about 10 days continuous. There are gonna be rewarding:

DSCN1875_511.jpg

That a TG belt? If so, london tan, or natural with some wear? Also love the jeans

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Levi's 501s STFs Made in Dominican Republic (purchased Sears), 7 days wear. Belt: web belt by Amry/Navy Surplus. There are going to be rewarding:
005-6.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads